Sign in to follow this  
joeybari

The wife found out.

Well let me start off by saying I never lied to my wife I just never told her…. <_< <_<

Well this year’s in my eyes I got the hunt of a life time I finally got a Dec Coues rut hunt in unit 36C after 10 years always got a Oct or a Nov hunt but this year I did it I got a DEC hunt.

Here the kicker I been married for 7 years and every year my wife knows from Sept to Jan I go hunting, a week here, a day there (elk, Coues, javelina mnt lion) it’s ok with her as long as we go someplace nice for the summer. This is a woman that loves deer/ elk meat and thinks hunting is a great sport and always tells me its going to be awesome when our son is older so that he could come hunting with me (she does not like to come with me but loves to cook the game). She also knows that when I go on my big game hunts elk and Coues I take my dad along.

Well this year my old man turns 69 and he’s not so hot on coming alone in Dec because of the cold due to the fact he has bad arthritis from physical labor all of his life.

So Sundays family dinner my mom who kind of knows what’s going on with the southern unit bring up the fact that this years dads not going and its dangers on and on and on. (By the way Im the one that is very hard noise about safety and my cousin Anthony hunts with us)

Well my wife never really asked were I go hunting for Coues deer and when she did I would simply reply 36c or 35b south of phoenix and of course I have always taken my dad with me, she looks up to my dad and respects him as always being a responsible person.

Well Talk about the POOP hitting the fan, my god did I get an ear full all night from her. Stuff like you had been lying all these years. You have a son now how can you be so irresponsible so on so on and so on. It even gets worse then that she wants to call Anthony’s wife and tell her about it. (God can it get any worse then that).

She is really being strong about me not going this year i mean hard core adamant, In 7 years she has never told me what to do always believed in me let me do what I wanted. She is really putting her foot down on this big time.

I need help any ideas

And the old man doesn’t want any part of this battle. (Already asked)

What kills me the most it’s a dec rut hunt and this SH#@ comes up.

I feel your pain. My wife and I had a similar talk this year but luckily it was before the draw so I didn't even put in for a border unit. She has now lightened up a bit and says I can hunt down there as long as I am never alone. I don't blame your old man for not wanting to get involved in your marital disputes. I don't plan on getting in on my kid's disputes with their spouses or anybody else's for that matter. Got enough of my own if you know what I mean!

I feel your pain. My wife and I had a similar talk this year but luckily it was before the draw so I didn't even put in for a border unit. She has now lightened up a bit and says I can hunt down there as long as I am never alone. I don't blame your old man for not wanting to get involved in your marital disputes. I don't plan on getting in on my kid's disputes with their spouses or anybody else's for that matter. Got enough of my own if you know what I mean!

+1

I am just new at this being married thing, so I don't know what my advice is worth much. I have given up a lot of things I use to do to make family life work. I don't regret the things I have given up, but I would regret it if I were forced to give up hunting (especially a december tag). If you are anything like me, skipping the trip is not an option. I would try to make a compromise and kiss some major a$$.

I have a mule deer hunt in 36c this November. When I am hunting in desert with a loaded rifle I am more worried about rattlesnakes or breaking my leg than illegals. I do not think they want to mess with you in the first place and especially if you are armed. The only time I get a little nervous is camping by myself at night. Maybe you can find someone else on this site who has the same tag and plan on camping close to each other, and check in each night after the hunt. My wife bought me a SPOT (gps communication thingy) so I can check in where ever I am. Hope you are able to work it out and have a successful hunt.

well - i'm not sure what to say!

that is one line that never should have been drawn - from my point of view-

I'd be goin hunting- with todays cell phones etc. hunting alone isnt what it was 20-30 yrs ago -

the dangers of going huntin - lol - thats a good one !

i've never had to ask my wifes permission to go hunting -

Kinda like the cowboy gettin in the saddle and ridin off to do , what has to be done --- give her a kiss and say see ya in a few days -

hope ya can come to an understanding -

but there would be no way in he!! i'd be sitting home with a DEC. coues tag in my name -- just cuz my wife doesn't want me to go- even if its alone.

try to find someone else to go along and camp sit - if that'll help - good luck - Gary

I know some folks who has the same tag as you, maybe ya'll can camp out together? Grab a buddy to go with you or get someone from here to tag along, that way your wife'll feel that you will be more safe out there.

well - i'm not sure what to say!

that is one line that never should have been drawn - from my point of view-

I'd be goin hunting- with todays cell phones etc. hunting alone isnt what it was 20-30 yrs ago -

the dangers of going huntin - lol - thats a good one !

i've never had to ask my wifes permission to go hunting -

Kinda like the cowboy gettin in the saddle and ridin off to do , what has to be done --- give her a kiss and say see ya in a few days -

hope ya can come to an understanding -

but there would be no way in he!! i'd be sitting home with a DEC. coues tag in my name -- just cuz my wife doesn't want me to go- even if its alone.

try to find someone else to go along and camp sit - if that'll help - good luck - Gary

The worst part Im not alone my cousin and I are on the same tag we have been planning scouting for months

Im not going to say anything until I have something good to came back with

Cell phone thing I use not working

gps tracking I will looked into it I like that

Man I can’t believe this is happening

Make friends with people who hunt that unit. I have the late Nov-early Dec whitetail tag in that unit and my buddy has the Dec whitetail tag also in that unit. Then, introduce your wife to these new friends and hunt around them or at least camp with them. Get your wife comfortable with the fact that there are other competent people around. This is good sense even for units not around the southern border.

Next time you make love tell her you will be going and every thing will be okay....works for me. :o :lol:

I would only follow willhunt4coues's suggestion if you are in need of spicing up your love life and think it would be fun to hang on while she tries to buck you off.

Next time you make love tell her you will be going and every thing will be okay....works for me. :o :lol:

LOL

I would only follow willhunt4coues's suggestion if you are in need of spicing up your love life and think it would be fun to hang on while she tries to buck you off.

haha and when she bucks you off yell he*l yea and run hahaha

Hunt the top part of the unit its 25-45 miles from the Border that's a long haul for drug smugglers with guns blazing and you probably won't see a large group of illegals carrying backpacks with 10 water bottles and ripped up flip flops that far up. Maybe she would be more comfortable with you going in that area rather then sitting on the border watching the illegals push deer across the border. It might be a good compromise, good luck.

I need clarification here, do you actually talk about hunting while your making love? Or, do you mention these things after you performed well knowing she's in a great mood? I can really learn something here Will, please elaborate!

I need clarification here, do you actually talk about hunting while your making love? Or, do you mention these things after you performed well knowing she's in a great mood? I can really learn something here Will, please elaborate!

i was thinking the same thing