Whitehntr

Illegals on your Hunt!!

I sent my buddy to one of my favorite spots in 36A to do some scouting for his Nov. tag. He was down there today (oct 23). After glassing up 3 bucks, he also glassed up 8 illegals just 300 yards from him. I dont want to sound like anyones mom but be careful and prepared over the next several weeks during the seasons. Keep those guns loaded, ready and close by. Good Luck!!

It's not uncommon to see ilegals while out in 36a. For the most part as soon as they see you or your truck they run faster than the quail in that area. However, I always have a loaded gun nearby.

I went out there this morning myself. Spotted 2 nice mule deer near Penitas wash and shot 5 quail. (Shot at 4 others.... but that's how that goes.)

Lee

I was down to help out with the Az Hunters Who Care clean up this weekend. Friday night I slept in the back of my truck at the intersection of 286 and the Arivca road, with everyone else who showed up. I pulled my truck to the back, (west) end of that area and noticed the 55 gallon water drums put there by some humanitarian group for the illegals. I didn't think to much of it thinking the illegals would probably not be nearby with so many people camped. Well I was wrong. There were at least 3 groups of 4 to 10 that walked within 20 yards of my truck during the night. And those are just the ones that woke me up. I guess needless to say I didn't sleep very well. The next day while we were cleaning, an old beat up truck passed us with 3 guys in the front and three in the back, all hispanic. They were in no hurry but it looked to me like the driver was showing some new Coyote recruits the area. Its bad down there guys, and its getting worse. I was even somewhat paranoid riding my quad around by myself. Its really a shame that we have to be nervous in an area that belongs to us and has always been safe.

TJ

I've seen them in southern AZ and northern Sonora. They seem to have become a part of the habitat unfortuantly :blink:

Hopefully won't see any in southern NM in a couple of weeks.

ps while in Sonora my outfitter said "to just leave them alone they are just trying to make a living" ;)

I agree, Everyone be carfull!

I never thought Arizona or the US would be more hispanic than anglo or that anyone would have to be so worried for thier own safety from Illegal invaders of our country. There is a legal way to immigrate to our country, and these people do not care to do it legal. What makes us think they will follow any other US laws?

Sad state of afffairs when the "state" does not use its full resources to protect it's citizens or its borders from invaders. I know that the BP agents are out there every day doing what they can to stem the tide, but it is like trying to stop a flood by standing in the river with 20 of your friends as it approaches.

Many Many of the illegals are here just to make a living. But many of them are here to deal drugs, transport human cargo and subvert the US systems.

I express the belief that if the borders were CLOSED and all illegals were not allowed in the country Illegally, our problems with crime, poor education, and welfare would be much less.

Call me insensitive to their plight if you want, but this country cannot be the savior of every third world country person with no question.

Also Call me an American.

Guest Ernesto C

Again,may the Lord bless all of you and protect you from the path of the violent,which can be legal,illegal,american,mexican,brazillian etc etc.May the Lord let us return home free of harm and may He let us have a memorable hunt too.

Just be carefull with your comments..........do not make this a hate and racial post.

DEERSLAM, I had to re-edit your post,I apologize for any inconvinience.

God bless all of us and I'm also and AMERICAN.

Ernesto C.

Dont ask your self what the world needs.Ask your self what makes you come alive and then go and do that;because what the world needs is people that have come alive!

I see them every year in 36A. Last year while glassing from a vantage point in the Black Hills I noticed three of them pushing their bicycles thru a pass. One of them even had a hand pump to air up his tire.

Well spoken Ernesto. I think we all understand that the problem is more about economics and politics than anything. Its not Race for me. I love the Hispanic people and there culture. Being from Tucson originally and seeing the changes to southern Arizona is hard to take, but it won't change how I feel about my friends!

I think the only way to really change anything is to change the Mexican government and make it attrative to the residents to live and work in Mexico. This is a radical idea, but I think we would be better off in the long run to merge countries into one. I don't know how that could ever happen but I think it could be mutually beneficial. Something to think about.

TJ

Its not so much the illegals that bother me it's the coyotes and smugglers that i worry about. I have come back to camp and found that all my water and snack foods have been "removed" but i have a buddy who has had his truck stolen, later recovered filled with illegals. Its one of the growing issues the U.S faces everyday. All we can do is watch each others backs while in the field. Take care out there and remember to keep one eye open while asleep.

Scottyboy,

In your opinion what are the % of illegals just coming across for work as opposed drug smugglers.

I have nothing against Hispanics, I have many Hispanic friends, but this is racial; adj. pert. to a race (of people), in the fact that the illegals are Mexican. No offence to anyone.

My main problem is with drugs period, no matter who is doing the smuggling, growing, producing etc.

Scottyboy

I know a few of the agents down that way. I was raised in St.David and a few of the guys from Highschool are BP. Keep up the work. It must seem hopless some times. But I for one thank you guys just like I do the armed service.

One thing we can all do as Americans, and that is to do what ever it takes to keep OUR COUNTRY SAFE...Help out the BP as much as posible by reporting such activity and not just sittin back watchin it happin...Just remember we are at WAR and not all of the illegal's are from Mexico :blink: There are alot more O.T.M's out there now that are from the middle east ;)

I'm no bleeding heart "leftist" and agree that there are legal methods of coming to this country but I'm getting sick of and saddened by stupid comments that are being made on a great post that is intended to share hunting knowledge,etc. As an American Hispanic with Native American(Hopi) blood, my ancestors probably thought the same thing Az4Life has said, except flip Hispanic and Anglo around:

"never thought Arizona or the US would be more hispanic than anglo" - What ?!? ;) :blink:

Come on give me a break gentlemen, I just couldn't hold back. I've also read this same kind of garbage on other hunting posts. Even made by well known guides/outfitters! I wonder how their(outfitters) compadres on the other side of the border would feel about these post. Or what the reaction would be if the Mexican Ranchers shut down the Sonoran hunts because of hurtful comments made on these post. " Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark". I'm not asking that you extingish the love and passion we all have for our great country, I'm just asking that we are a little mindful of what we post and how it's said.

It saddens me that the high number of UDA's are wrecking our hunting spots. I've personally seen the devastation that has taken place in some of my favorite hunting spots in 30B. Then the drug smugglers and coyotes, man forget about it! Man, that is a whole other subject. It flat out sucks!

Good luck to the BP, they are stretched razor thin and have leaders in Washington without any "nads" to firm up our borders. You want to blame someone for the fine mess our borders are in, start at the top and work your way down. Our borders without any doubt need protection and should be made secure, esp. in a time of war.

Ernesto, thanx for your prayers and great insight. I also wish everyone well and many blessings on their hunts, be safe , be alert and be kind. GOD BLESS you all.

Ernest J

Ah Never mind!!!!! :blink: (edited)

Keep up the good work Scttyboy and be safe. Yours is one of the most dangerous job's out there. You know your place and you are there. I say God Bless you.... ;)