Condor

Accurizing a Weatherby Vanguard

I know how to make .257 wby's shoot

At coues deer? :D

Yes at coues deer.... Recall something like a 571 yard shot two years ago with it?!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE LOL yea after five shots an antler shot off and a bullet hole on one the buck ears LOL Were you goint to put a I.D. tag on it or a earring?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE LOL yea after five shots an antler shot off and a bullet hole on one the buck ears LOL Were you goint to put a I.D. tag on it or a earring?

If I remember correctly, that deer was already dead and as the ultimate test of a sharp shooter he decided to see if he to blow the horns off it's head. :P

Exactly!

And the through the ear was the buck wanted a piercing, and I wanted character for the mount!

Larry has seen me bust some rocks out to 700 before!

Okay ... so I have to ask because it is something I have read a lot on other sites (so don't shoot me for asking) ...

Doesn't the Weatherby "Free Bore", which give the round a velocity boost, inherently reduce the overall accuracy of the rifle? The trade off is speed for flatter shooting, but groups that are less tight. Is that true or false? Kind of relates to this question of accurizing I'd think.

i just read about that in the new guns&ammo mag...freebore. not casey's fondness of shooting dead deers antlers off.

joking aside... the article said it was difficult to impossile to get the velosity out of a non weatherby rifle ie remington, winchester in weatherby calibers because no other manufacture dose the freebore.

:ph34r: