Sign in to follow this  
chihuahuaken

1st Arizona Coues

Hunted unit 33 October 22-25 taking this nice deer on the last afternoon. Was bedded with 2 other bucks and we bellied crawled for 100+ yards to get within 200 yards. He stood up and with a 25mph+ cross wind the .270 (with my own load) spoke and down he went. It was the 1st time I whooped and hollared like a crazy man. I think it was the build up from the hard hunting of day 1-3,and a miss on day 2. I'm from Pennsylvania and know the hunt was going to be hard, but I got my butt kicked from the terrain and a guide who thought he was a mountain goat. I swear he took me on hikes just to see me suffer...

This will be a great add to the trophy room. This satisfaction from this hunt was through the roof.

For those considering this hunt put it high on your list. It will challenge you mentally and pysically including your shootinfg skills. Not to mention the beautiful mountain views.

post-4982-1288811936_thumb.jpg

Great buck all the work pays off most of the time.I think you just have to go the extra canyon and stay out longer than most and you will get a mature buck.

Beautiful buck! He has some killer main beams on him!

+1!!!

Had to also chuckle at the "mountain Goat comment! :lol: Been a cused of thatone before and know atleast a dozen guys that read this forum that are "that Guy" as well! haHaha! Welcome to hunting AZ.... it is all just like that!! Congrats!!

That is a great buck and an awesome story. Sounds like you worked hard and earned it. Thats the only way to truelly appretiate everything like you have. Great job.