Sign in to follow this  
Whitesheep

Immigrant Activity?

Anyone have any encounters with immigrants during their hunt? We found some packs and Mexican water bottles (1gal jugs) in Unit 29, but didn't see any immigrants like we did a couple of years ago.

I have been scouting 36B for my late November hunt and I cannot say I witnessed any illegal activity. I saw, however, 6 dudes handcuffed and sitting on the floor, in front of 2 BP cars about 3 miles east of Pena Blanca off Ruby Road about 1830 hours one evening in October.

I hunt alone, I camp alone and G-d protect whoever messes with me in my own ground!

Best,

Ace

I have been scouting 36B for my late November hunt and I cannot say I witnessed any illegal activity. I saw, however, 6 dudes handcuffed and sitting on the floor, in front of 2 BP cars about 3 miles east of Pena Blanca off Ruby Road about 1830 hours one evening in October.

I hunt alone, I camp alone and G-d protect whoever messes with me in my own ground!

Best,

Ace

We hunted that area and did not have any problems...no sight of anyone, but I did find a Serape(sp?) on the hike back from getting my deer out.

Anyone have any encounters with immigrants during their hunt? We found some packs and Mexican water bottles (1gal jugs) in Unit 29, but didn't see any immigrants like we did a couple of years ago.

The 1 gal full jugs are put out by the group that called themselves the "good Samaritans" freaking litterers is what they are! putting 55 gallon blue water stations unauthorized on my land and leaving water bottles all over this beautiful country.

the back packs are also left when full by these people. You will find canned food, can opener, gatorade, red bull and whatever else. Very expensive items for a pack left in the desert. It is my opinion and confirmed by BP that these "good samaritans" are paid or provided money through their church by the drug traffickers. BP said they can guarantee when water and food show up on trails they are instantly heavily used!

We saw quite a few illegals in the first hunt. they were in 36b pretty heavy

It is illegal for a US citizen to support illegal activity; that includes leaving water for the "support" of illegal entry. A human life is important and, I feel bad and saying this but, a shot in any caliber aimed at the water jugs should be the most appropriate deterrant!

Ace

My first comment on this thread is they are not immigrants. They are illegal aliens. They are breaking our laws when they enter our country. They are destroying are desert. The folks that immigrate to this country legally are done a disservice when we call these criminals immigrants.

I did not see any on my hunt in 36a. Had I seen some they would have been reported to the Border Patrol.

Lee

My first comment on this thread is they are not immigrants. They are illegal aliens. They are breaking our laws when they enter our country. They are destroying are desert. The folks that immigrate to this country legally are done a disservice when we call these criminals immigrants.

I did not see any on my hunt in 36a. Had I seen some they would have been reported to the Border Patrol.

Lee

First hunt about 1 mile out of Arivaca we saw a group of 8-10 and a group of 20-25 lots of water stations set up as well

Last year I backpacked in solo into an area that I was actually really scared to be in, that far, alone. I was maybe 9 miles N. of the Mexican border, and pretty much everyone I came into contact with was a heavily armed BP agent. There were thermal imaging trucks parked along the road as I drove in, and absolutely NO access by vehicle, unless you are BP or a rancher.

All night I slept with one eye open and a pistol in my hand, as coatis picked around my makeshift camp. That is probably one of my most memorable hunts - at any time I expected to be surrounded by bambidos. Funny enough, I didn't see one illegal alien or drug smuggler. Lots of deer, and some of the prettiest coues country I've ever seen. Maybe it's because it was full moon on Halloween night, none of the bad guys were out there. Who knows.

I'll tell you this, I'll do that hunt again, but I won't be alone next time - it was too stressfull. I was so anxious to shoot a deer and get the heck out I shot maybe a high 80's 3x4 - huge bodied deer on the second day of the hunt. But I know there are some whoppers in there, and I've never seen densities of coues deer anywhere like this. If you snuck up to a steep break and stood up, deer scattered like quail. You could push 10 or more out of one canyon head, move 400 yards down and do the same thing over again, over and over again for miles. Nobody hunts it because nobody wants to do a hike-in hunt right in the middle of drug smuggling territory.

2 or 3 guys together packing appropriate heat, could do really well in there. Or they could get slaughtered in their sleep, :lol: . At least they'd be in coues heaven when the lights went out.

I talk with a couple of rancher ladies from over there in 29 all the time. They have been having lots of illegal activity, but I agree, don't let it deter you. We are packing into an area next weekend that is VERY close to the border. I am a little nervous, but I'm going to do it anyway!

Best,

Ace

I was in 36B about two weeks ago and I saw several border patrol car but two were parked like they went off chasing someone. I think the cartels are smart enough to know not to go through during hunting season though. I did see a couple blankets, shirts, socks, and plenty of water jugs though.

I hunted the first hunt in 36b. We saw some old trash and one set of alien foot prints on a dirt road we walked out on. Go and hunt anywhere north of the border. The worst thing we can do is let these scumballs intimidate us out of enjoying our own country. I refuse. Just make sure you keep an eye out. Remember that 90% of the illegals out there have no idea where they are and a greenhorns.

My wife and I own eighty acres overlooking the Kino Springs golf course and the Santa Cruz River, a couple of miles east of Nogales and about 1 1/2 miles as the crow flies from the border.

To reach the edge of our property, we open a developer's locked gate and drive a half mile over a road that was bladed across the slope above land. It is open enough that anyone already in the canyon will know the instant we open the gate and drive in.

We have never visited the place without finding signs of recent human activity (including small piles of empty duct-taped plastic packages) on our land, but in maybe a hundred trips there over the past 15-20 years we have never seen a soul.

There were several times we felt we were being watched but we were never approached or threatened by anyone. However, whenever we had a tailgate picnic under one of our walnut trees, it was only a few minutes before a low-flying single-engine aircraft would fly in a circle above us. I always presumed it was a Border Patrol airplane checking us out.

Bill Quimby