Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

Glassed up another lion in 36 -c

Sorry no time for a picture.... If there had been I would have shot the thing.

I, or someone in my hunting party, have glassed up a lion on every trip into 36-c for the last couple of years.. Someone please go in sack a dozen of so up.....

I glassed this lion in the southen end of the unit at 9:30 am. He (I think) came to water at 9:30 drank two sips and was gone, back into the thick. I have personally seen 7-8 lion down there in the last 4-5 years. I no-longer have hounds, but someone that does needs to go muck some out.......

Whitey

Tons of cats in there. Seems like no one is hunting those lions, because of the border and the reservation being so close. Would be easy to send your dogs over the fence in a heartbeat. It's up to the coues deer hunters to snipe 'em! Buy a tag guys!

please email directions, and i`ll see what i can do. would love to call a lion in. matter of fact thats all i dream about anymore

john

johnnyhiller@comcast.net

Somebody signed in on the hunter check-in on the King Anvil Ranch today that they were going lion hunting. At least somebody is giving it a try out there. I did not see any lions or lion sign when I was out there this week, and the bucks made their escape today before we could get close enough for a shot.

I glassed the lion quite a ways from the King anvile, but I have seen them there as well. It is funny, 5 people have asked me to give them the exact area I saw the lion. I want them killed, but am not too jazzed about giving away my spot...... Probably not..... good luck hunting

One more lion!!!! Was back in the same area on my son's late Nov deer hunt, and glassed up another lion about 5 miles from the last one. The lion was in a great spot to get on him, and try to kill it but we glassed 4 bucks at the same time..... So the lion got to walk... However, my son got his first buck at 10 years old!!!!

Whitey

I got down to my area with a half hour of light the day before opening day. I was just about to set up to glass for a little bit when I saw something walk over a hill. I thought it was a lion but I never could say for sure. I found a pretty fresh lion kill the year before very close to there. This is in the southern part of 36C also. I would love to help out the deer population down there.