jaycee85501

24A Hunt updated day two!!!

This is the first time hunting Coues deer i drew 24a, i have been scouting and no bucks< lots of does. any way where would be a good place to scout. i have been up toward 7 mile, timber camp, and copper hills area. should i stay in these area or move on.

any help would be put to good use

Thanks

jaycee

up date on opening morning..

as we were heading to our glassing spot jumped 2 doe. as i go around the corner there in the middle of the trail no more than 15 yard from where the doe were was a Bob cat.

as i got to my glassing spot as soon as i sat down i glassed up doe after doe,, must have seen at least 10 doe walking around i did what everyone said to do and sat there till 2 pm and still no bucks..

we will see what tomorrow brings..

till tomorrow!

well day 2

was pretty good we went back to our spot and glassed up 8 doe,, then my boy called me and said he had 2 bucks glassed up and would watch them.. so we headed to where my boy was and hicked the caynon and jumped the buck but never got a shot...then i jump another one as i got my wife set down she could not find the buck only the doe we glassed and glassed but never found it so we are headed back in the am

stay tuned.

jaycee

jaycee

Those are all good places. Keep looking they are there. Good Luck

+1 They are there I would say keep looking also.

Good Predator in there too...

Azp&Y

post-898-1290126151_thumb.jpg

I have the 26th hunt in 24a. I don't think there are any bucks up there, only doe's. You should go down to dripping springs. Lots of bucks everywhere! ;)

Hey bro. This is jeremy. Relax those are all good places the bucks are there. You've have to rember this will be the third hunt in that unit. Don't expect to find too many bucks standing out in the open. Focus on the shady side of ridges and fallow the edge of the sun in the Morning. Most of all be patient and persistent

Hey Jaycee, listen to Onlycoues4me, he is giving you some good tips as to how to find those bucks. 24A has alot of great bucks. I know because I grew up in that part of the country and I still hunt there. As was said, be patient and persistent. Good luck

Hightracker

HEY MAN... I WOULD TRY ANYWHERE NEAR THE SALT RIVER... OR ALONG THE REZ LINE... IM FROM SAN CARLOS REZ AND HAVE SHOT A FEW 90INCH COUES IN THAT UNIT USING THESE LOCATIONS... BUT I HAVE SEEN BIGGER.... I GUIDE ON THE REZ... BUT I HAVENT SEEN ANY ALONG THE LINE... GOODLUCK..HOPE THIS HELPS

update on opening morning..

as we were heading to our glassing spot jumped 2 doe. as i go around the corner there in the middle of the trail no more than 15 yard from where the doe were was a Bob cat.

as i got to my glassing spot as soon as i sat down i glassed up doe after doe,, must have seen at least 10 doe walking around i did what everyone said to do and sat there till 2 pm and still no bucks..

we will see what tomorrow brings..

till tomorrow!

jaycee