Pine Donkey

This post is for the dogs

My heart goes out to ya. Sorry to hear about Molly and Bronco. That had to be so hard. I can't imagine even though I've had a few dogs hit and killed by cars when I was a child. The two new additions are adorable and I know they will help ease the pain. Thanks for sharing Molly and Bronco with us and be sure and post picks of Bonnie & Betty as they grow. :)

TJ

This is my 10 month old puppy Cabela. She is the puppy of my parents' dog Winchester. Cabela is one of the reasons why my dad started this post.

post-5219-1296020449_thumb.jpg

post-5219-1296020509_thumb.jpg

Girls shoot better, welcome to the site and glad your Dad got you interested in joining as a member of cwt.com. Cabela is one of the prettiest labs I have ever set eyes on. What a beauty! Thanks for sharing her with us. :)

TJ

post-1999-1296069786_thumb.jpg

Here is my elk guide. She is 2 for 2 on hunts: one jr. rifle cow and one archery bull. :P

Is she a pointer or a flusher? Never hunted behind an elk dog before. :o Any retrieving pictures? ;) Good looking dog.

TJ

TJ - She is just a good luck charm.

I got her a few months before my nephew's cow hunt. My brother and I were up scouting just before the hunt and decided to fish at Long Lake. I couldn't cast out without her chasing it into the water, so I put the pole down and started throwing her ball into the water. After a half hour of her splashing and churning up the water, she was finally tired. She laid down, so I picked up my pole, and the first cast into where she had been romping I landed a 3lb. rainbow, my largest.

A few weeks later she was right by my side when my nephew shot his first elk at 70 yards. The next year I brought her on my brother's archery bull hunt. We stalked into a herd opening evening, and my brother shot his first bull. He had a 20 yard shot, the dog and I were 15 yards back. Both elk dropped within sight so I haven't been able to see her tracking skills. She gets pretty excited when we cross a fresh track or she hears a bugle. :lol:

Now I just need her to lead me to my first coues.

Here is my princess, she is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and become a huge part of our family. She loves to hunt birds and is pretty good at it but I have a hard time keeping track of her since she is so small.

When we first brought her home.

post-216-1296151980_thumb.jpg

Chasing birds.

post-216-1296152026_thumb.jpg

Hanging out at the lake.

post-216-1296152092_thumb.jpg

Great thread and great pictures!

Here are a few pictures of my 4 year old Belgian Malinois Max. The first is us at pre deployment training, Max and the Chicago PD horses (he wanted to play with them), is him relaxing with his favorite toys, and the last is a pooped pup after a long days work sniffing for explosives.

post-4141-0-49292100-1298051664_thumb.jpg

post-4141-0-27691700-1298051708_thumb.jpg

post-4141-0-49752400-1298051731_thumb.jpg

post-4141-0-48194800-1298052024_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My parents and little brother went to my grandparents house for my grandads birthday, and of course with the dogs. I couldnt go because I had to go to a thing this called work, lol. Well on the way there my puppy Cabela (who by the way turns 1 in a couple days), was looking out the back window. My mom was sitting in the front seat and knew that she had to get picture of this. She sent this to me and I loved it. Then she sent the next one and called me to ask me what I thought of the pics. I told her that I had to post it on cwt. This is my puppy, and she has been on this site before.

post-5219-0-77961800-1300170195_thumb.jpg

post-5219-0-99253900-1300170231_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple pics of my boy Drake. Whether I'm at home or in the woods, he's always by my side every chance he gets. He and I recently went out to locate some bulls and had a good time runnin' around in the snow! JIM>

2011Drake017.jpg

2011Drake013.jpg

Sitting here at work tonight and pulled up this post, one of my favorite post by the way, and seen you posted a couple new pics of Drake. Mr.Bounds, aka jackshoe, and I are here working and both commented how beautiful he is. :)

TJ