Pine Donkey

This post is for the dogs

Great looking dogs. Where were these pictures taken from? Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Great looking dogs. Where were these pictures taken from? Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Thanks TJ. The first was taken here in Colorado of my old friend Bear (passed away after 14 years in 2010). The second is Wyatt on a chuckar hunt in Utah.

Sitting here at work tonight and pulled up this post, one of my favorite post by the way, and seen you posted a couple new pics of Drake. Mr.Bounds, aka jackshoe, and I are here working and both commented how beautiful he is. :)

TJ

Thanks TJ and Jackshoe! Drake gets that alot and if you seen him in person you'd be very impressed with how well mannered he is also. Drake is simply a great dog and no doubt my closest friend! Thanks again! JIM>

This is Remi, she is a chocolate lab, she is now 8 months old. She was a cute pup and has grown to be a beautiful girl! She is a sweetheart and is super smart! We love her so much! :)

post-4750-0-08402300-1303515955_thumb.jpgShe Liked to Chew on horns!

post-4750-0-43103200-1303515982_thumb.jpgShe had beautiful blue eyes when she was a pup.

post-4750-0-32863000-1303516012_thumb.jpg She learned to bring everything back that you throw for her, even if that means 2 tennis balls!

post-4750-0-76312400-1303516702_thumb.jpg 4 months old

post-4750-0-50743300-1303516731_thumb.jpg 6 months old, she has matured a lot!

post-4750-0-16327800-1303516758_thumb.jpg 7 months, Remi and I

post-4750-0-23864800-1303516776_thumb.jpg Doin what she does best, SWIM in the river!

• Like 1

Some beautiful dogs on here. I just had to put down my GSP that I've had for the last 11 years yesterday. Jake had liver cancer and he had lost about 20 lbs in the last couple weeks. It was literally the hardest thing I have ever had to do. My one piece of advice is take as many pictures as you can. When I got home from the vet yesterday I sat on my computer for a couple hours looking for all the pictures that I have taken and I was real disappointed. I hadn't taken that many real good pictures. Jake is going to be missed for a long long time.

post-1717-0-57830800-1307986136_thumb.jpg

Hey AZbowhntr, very sorry to hear about your loss! You are absolutely right about taking more pics, I learned that with my first Lab and now I never miss a chance to snap pics of my 4 legged kids! I've got a GSP that is almost 10 years old so your post hits home with me. She is a seriously affectionate dog and is a huge part of our family. I treat everyday with her and my boy "Drake" as though we don't have many left! Sorry again for your loss! JIM>

Here's girl Harley!

Rafflesheds1.jpg

This is Spanky, he was my first pointing dog and the best dog I've had. I'd give every dog in my kennels to get another one like him.

IMG_0606-2.jpg

Spankyandme.jpg

Tip is my 7 year old GWP, nice little dog and my daughters favorite.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzAtMjAxMTAzMTItMTQyNi5qcGc.jpg

And Gunner (EP) and Java (PP) after a fun day out with the kids.

DSCI0230-1.jpg

Almost forgot Bo! He's my son's beagle. He loves playing with the kids, especially when they're sledding!!

IMG_2646.jpg

Some beautiful dogs on here. I just had to put down my GSP that I've had for the last 11 years yesterday. Jake had liver cancer and he had lost about 20 lbs in the last couple weeks. It was literally the hardest thing I have ever had to do. My one piece of advice is take as many pictures as you can. When I got home from the vet yesterday I sat on my computer for a couple hours looking for all the pictures that I have taken and I was real disappointed. I hadn't taken that many real good pictures. Jake is going to be missed for a long long time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all Orlin.

Jake was a good boy.

This is my Bulldog Junie, and my Lab Charlie. I bought the bulldog for my girlfriend on Valentines day and she is quite the character. Definately has a different personality than any other breed of dog Ive ever had. My girlfriend has a 6 year old daughter and Junie definately sees the little girl as "hers" When she gets here to my house, the first thing Junie does is climb in the bed that they sleep in and is ready for Kyla to join her for bed time!

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTUtMjAxMTAyMjMtMTUzNi5qcGc.jpg

I had to put my Spanky dog down last June. I still get misty eyed thinking about it. I was the same way with pictures. I have more of him the last year of his life than I had the first 9. Sad really...

Wow Orlin, I am sorry to hear about your dog. We have put two dogs down in the last several years and it's just so very hard, but it's the right thing to do. I wish we could apply the same compassion to humans who are suffering at the end of their life.

Luckily we have always taken a lot of pictures of our dogs. I think I posted this link before, but here is a video tribute to my old dog Molly that I made from a collection of our photos of her. She was a wonderful dog.

AZbowhntr, thanks for sharing Jake with us. He sure was a beautiful dog. My heart goes out to ya. Been there done that and it isn't an easy thing to do. I cried like a baby when I put my old lab down a few years back. Good advise about taking lots of pictures. Thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

TJ

If anyone is looking for a new bird dog, look into this breed. French Brittany. I've owned lab,golden, and two GSP's loved them all. GSP's can hunt quail with the best of them. This Fr. Brit pup has been great, pointed on quail on his fourth hunt as a 6 month old, retreives dove on a urasian dove hunt at 8 mo. can't wait to see how he does this year. What I like most is that he is really mellow in the home. Calm and lays down fine, no digging or chewing. Simply a sweet house dog. Angels in the house, Devils in the field.post-5454-0-03014200-1308146269_thumb.jpg

post-5454-0-17059300-1308146313_thumb.jpg

Great looking Vizsla Stanley- They are really great hunters and conpanions.

Yes, awesome dog pics!!!! :)

S.

:)

December2009BirdHunting.jpg

July4th20102044.jpg

JuniorDeerHunt2010GRETA097.jpg