Pine Donkey

This post is for the dogs

Well finally got a companion for my wife to help her out on her shed hunts and hikes (like she needs any more help and we need any more sheds). But we welcome Camo into our home. 6 weeks old and first thing he latched onto were the sheds she brought home for him. No normal chew toys.

post-8631-0-75296900-1368845665_thumb.jpg

post-8631-0-84881100-1368845680_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've added a new addition to our family and her name is Ellie, she already is catching on pretty quick and has me wrapped around her paw!

post-216-0-25741600-1369112588.jpg

• Like 1

Nice looking pup. I love the pic of a boy and his dog,

Same here Robert. There's just something special about a boy and his dog.

Shedhunteraz........great looking puppy and I like the name Camo. I have one just like him but a girl named Lexie Mae.

cramerhunts...........awesome looking pup. I just love the coloring above her eyes.

Love this thread! I'm a Long time reader of CWT.com, only been a member for a year or so and have never posted anything, so here's my first... Its my 1 year old Goldendoodle Remie! This is her at 6 months.

post-8761-0-21946600-1370479007_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

post-6835-0-34059700-1373650985_thumb.jpg

I have been reading this forum for a long time but never really posted anything so i thought this would be a good place to start. I hope it works.

This is my dog Samson the Mighty. I found him as a puppy while working on a project in CA. He was a boney, sickly, smelly mess. He was very skinny with a big pot belly, he was losing his hair on his chest, had big sores, and just generally very sick. I took him to a vet who said he had a bad case of worms, ran a bunch of test to figure out why he was losing his hair, and diagnosed him with advanced parvo. She told me if I did nothing he would die in a few days, if I gave him pills he would have about a 30% chance, and if I hospitalized him he would have about a 50% chance. I asked how much it would cost to hospitalize him and she said $1000 a day and he would have to stay at least 3 days. I looked at my poor sick little puppy and said “little dog I don’t like you that much. You’re gonna have to get tough or you’re gonna die”. So I got the pills and headed home. I spent the next three days, every hour on the hour, shoving pills, pedialight, and a liquid diet down his throat. After about two days he started getting better. It took quite a while to get him healthy again but now he’s strong as an ox and the most loyal loving dog you’ll ever meet. And a good spotter. post-6835-0-92690500-1373652267_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Good to Hear! My lab got Parvo when he was about 6 months old... I ended up doing the IV and hospitalization..... End result was an expensive, healthy pooch so no complaints. My folks had both of their Aussie's get parvo and did the sam as you, end result was a less expensive, healthy pooch... Home treatment will be my preferred method in the future with parvo.... Man that is some nastey stuff though!

Love my fat boy...

bo2.bmp

post-9498-0-91646100-1373654532_thumb.jpg

post-9498-0-70478400-1373654911_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Roxy Tanks BFF

post-382-0-76431000-1373694063_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, 5 dogs in one day on here. I just love this thread and all 5 dogs look great. Thanks for posting. :)

TJ