Sign in to follow this  
AZHUNTERRENT4

1st kill

I just started bow hunting in jan. 2010, and was successful the last day, last hour. It was a spike but for me, a kill with my bow is just AWESOME!!!!!! I'm more of a meat hunter than a deer with big antlers. Big antlers ain't bad though. Anyway, my shot was uphill at 80 yards, and the rage did the rest. I know, I know long shot but I pratice hard all the time, LITERALLY!!!!!! Scroll down for pic

It be nice to be able to kill a doe, they are everywhere we go. Well, talk to guys later, I'm talkin my Z7 to White Tanks. I'll try to come back and another story for 2011. I'll post pics later from 2010

I don't care what other people say if you are comfortable shooting that far well you just have an advantage over the rest! Congrats on your first kill! and good luck in the white tanks i know there alot of deer there but also alot of hunters as well.

Congratulations on the long shot. You do have an advantage...I envy right now.

I passed on a 60 yard shot today. I was confident going outside to my target and sending an arrow 60 yards but apparently I did not feel comfortable taking the shot at the deer.

My first year at Archery Hopefully with some ( and I mean a lot) practice. I will be confident in taking that 8o yard shot next year.

Congratulation again!

congrat's. and we will continue to find gut shot animals year in and year out. but those who practice congrats. no different than rifle hunters who fling lead at 600 plus yards. maybe one day we can hunt with a .50 cal and a bow that shoots 200 yards. and a muzzle loader that is good for 500 yards. tags will be impossible to get.

Are you really going to start that?? Really?

Congrats on the buck man. You are going to hear this kind of garbage because people just can't help themselves. 80 yds. is out there a ways and there aren't a whole lot of people who can do it but the point is that your shot found its home and the deer is dead, plain and simple. You worked hard for it!

congrat's. and we will continue to find gut shot animals year in and year out. but those who practice congrats. no different than rifle hunters who fling lead at 600 plus yards. maybe one day we can hunt with a .50 cal and a bow that shoots 200 yards. and a muzzle loader that is good for 500 yards. tags will be impossible to get.

There are plenty of animals gut shot that aren't from a long range shot, whether it be rifle or bow. However, you must be perfect, so I applaud you.

Congrats on your deer.

Everyone has thier limitations, as long as everyone knows them. All comes down to practice and what you are comfortible with. Better equipement doesn't hurt either.