Sign in to follow this  
bear402

I'm Going t0 Java Goatelina Burger for Dinner

I been doing some inventive Butchering upon my return from Arizona.

I brought back a Javelina and a large domestic Goat that Cowboy Bob gave to me out of his herd .

The Goat was around 180 on the hoof so there's a lot to work with.

Anyway I decided to try something new and stretch the grind off the Javelina . I went 50 % Goat and 50 % Javelina on the grind. .

It came out really nice . Looks good, great smell , good binding texture and really amazingly tasty.

The Javelina is processed into Backstrap hunks , cutlets and Goatelina Burger.

Now all I have to do is process the other 90 percent of the goat into palitable tablefare. :? :lol:

The Goat was similar to the one on the right only bigger !

DSCN1238.JPG

Here's my burger ready to grill on a plate in front of my 1HP Cabelas meat grinder power train. ( love that grinder it just idles through everything I've stuck in it!)

100_10621.JPG

Looks like you have plenty to work with!

Looking forward to seeing how your dishes turn out.

Just FYI, the more you mix the ground meat, the "stickier" it will get.

Add a little salt as its the "primary binder" and will get the process going a little sooner.

Keep posting your results!

Thanks for the "salt as a binding agent" tip Chef. B)

I mixed some breakfast sausage seasonings up with some of the Goatelina . A combo of standard breakfast and maple sausage seasonings made a tasty grilled breakfast treat.

We grilled some straight goat meat as a cheesburger and it was very good. I was able to use the fat off the goat in the grind as there is no bad taste to it.

I'm Making some Billy Jerky tonight in the dehydrator for snacks on my Coues hunt this up coming week.

Sure wish I was there to taste some of that. Sounds really good. :)

TJ

I make up bacon burger too, 1lb of bacon with 3 lbs game. Makes good hamburgers, cheeseburger macaroni, meat loaf and the like.

Been known to buy the steaks at the store that are ready to expire so the go real cheap, take them home and grind with bacon for burgers.

May have to try the salt trick, I cool the meat if it starts getting sticky. I have an old refrigerator on my back porch that is my meat locker - pull the racks and stack qtrs in it to age until I feel like butchering or slide in SS bowls with grind to cool down.

I make up bacon burger too, 1lb of bacon with 3 lbs game. Makes good hamburgers, cheeseburger macaroni, meat loaf and the like.

Been known to buy the steaks at the store that are ready to expire so the go real cheap, take them home and grind with bacon for burgers.

May have to try the salt trick, I cool the meat if it starts getting sticky. I have an old refrigerator on my back porch that is my meat locker - pull the racks and stack qtrs in it to age until I feel like butchering or slide in SS bowls with grind to cool down.

We often do the bacon grind with deer. I usually buy the bacon" end cuts" in a 3 pound package . It's usually half the price of regular bacon and ready to feed through the grinder. I use a 1 to 4 ratio with deer which yields a fairly lean end product but still has a nice smoky bacon flavor.

I cool thhe chunks of meat in the chest freezer until it's almost frozen before grinding. That makes the grinder cutting head more effecient with less meat juice flowing out the head with the grind.

My wife and I love a good Coues or Muley Bacon cheese burger hot off the grill with Mayonaise, Brown mustard, pickles and topped off with "Sweet Baby Ray's BBQUE suauce. B)

I'm pulling the Teriaky Billy Jerky out of the dehydrator this morning . A taste test says Thumbs Up ! It's good , but not quite as good as the bear and deer Jerky I made last December.

Are you getting Hungry TJ ?? :huh: :D