Dick

BHH at Mormon Lake for 2011

Bowhunter Happening 2011- July 29-30-31 :) :rolleyes:

Ground work is being laid to hold the 2011 Bowhunter Happening back where it originated over 30 years ago, Mormon Lake, AZ.

Mormon Lake may not be today what it was then but hopefully all the effort of finding a home in the high country of northern Arizona will bring back a lot of the "old atmosphere" that made the Bowhunter Happening one of the greatest shoots in the country. As we finalize all the in and outs we will post them to keep everyone as informed as possible!

The ABA Board of Directors has worked tirelessly for several years trying to find a home in the I-17 corridor of northern Arizona. Always obstacle!! Unbelievable obstacles! Persistence has finally paid off and the BHH will be in a sense "going back home".

As more information becomes available we will post it.

This would be good. We have not gone to any Bowhunter happening since it left Williams. It was an awesome shoot. What is there plans for Memorial Day weekend? Glen has had his shoot for many years in Clints Well and that is an awesome shoot also. Since the Happening moved weekends it has hurt them both and I never wanted to pull the trailer to Sunrise.

After running into brick walls for so many years, you have to understand that the ABA Board of Directors is thrilled to be able to make this announcement. Few people really understand all the hassles that are encountered trying to hold an event like this. There are few places that have the means to handle the vehicles, getting permits, etc:. I think every imaginable venue had been explored the last few years in the Flagstaff area. That is where the ABA belongs and it is good to be "going home". Morman Lake is where it all began over 30 years ago!!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Some of my fondest childhood memories are from the Mormon Lake shoot! It was an annual family get together for us and I looked forward to that shoot more than anything else every year.

Exactly like has already been said, there was an "atmosphere" surrounding the Mormon Lake shoot that made it special and the shoot has never been the same since it moved.

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Some of my fondest childhood memories are from the Mormon Lake shoot! It was an annual family get together for us and I looked forward to that shoot more than anything else every year.

Exactly like has already been said, there was an "atmosphere" surrounding the Mormon Lake shoot that made it special and the shoot has never been the same since it moved.

I agree. It has never been the same since it left Mormon Lake. I enjoyed the good old days of the BHH at Mormon lake and looked forward to it each year. I am excited to see how this all works out!

I have never shot at a shoot in my life. I'm not that good but I've shot quite a few critters over the years. I think I just might jump in there since it sounds like so much fun.

I'll keep an eye on this one and hopefully it falls on my weekend off. :)

TJ