mjmhunter

December Tags

Just wonderin if anybody else is losing sleep waiting for December 16th to arrive. I have a 36B tag that took me more years than I want to count to draw. :D

Manny

24b for me. Also counting the days. Taking another hike to scope out the area (and tie my buck to a tree) this weekend! :D

I am not sure yet where I will be camping, but if others are nterested, maybe we can do a Meet and Greet and Eat in Superior, Globe, or someone's camp one night over the opening weekend?

Red Quad Dakota with CWT decal in the rear window will be in my camp.

Later!

Just wonderin if anybody else is losing sleep waiting for December 16th to arrive. I have a 36B tag that took me more years than I want to count to draw.  :D 

Manny

I don't even have a tag and I'm losin' sleep! My brother has the tag, we'll be camped about 3 or 4 miles before the Tres Bellotas ranch. There will be a white utility trailer and tan 4 door F-350 with CW.com stickers on both and a white Expedition there. I'll be there for the first 3 or 4 days then have to go to 35B. Anyone is welcome in camp ( unless you are an illegal ) if need any help or want to camp in more numbers for safety. It's not the best place to camp though, unfortunately nowhere is safe anymore down there! Good Luck, JIM

I will be camping on the east side of the unit with some friends that are coming to help.

Maybe you guys that have this late hunt (or anybody that will be down there) can meet at one of the restaurants one night. I know the guys in the earlier hunts tried to plan that but didn't work out.

Hey Jim,

Those were great bucks that you and Jimmy took. I don't think you realize who I am, But i will give you a hint. Guess the score contest in Brett's garage for Mcdonalds. :D

Manny

AZ4life,

I can't wait to hear about your hunt. December 24b was my 1st choice. My buddy that is from Phoenix took a 2x3 there last year and his dad will be there with you somewhere in the unit. He is a highway patrol for AZ. Good luck!! -Shiras :D

35B for me! I LOVE this cold weather. I hope it stays cold for the next two weeks!

Coosfan, (and anybody else..) if you get to 35B before the 19th, I'll be camped somewhere along the road that leasds to Paja Verde Tank, or on the Flat spot above Lower Paloma Dam. I have a White Jeep Wrangler with Black soft top. Drop by and we'll chat.

I'll be back in the area for a few days after Christmas with my wife, she drew a tag there as well, but can't come with me opening weekend. She wants to pick my daughter up at the airport when she returns from school :D I guess she doesn't have her priorities straight. :lol:

Bret

Guest Bert

Oh Yeah,34B for me.Going to the range one more time to check the old winchester.Been watching a old boy all summer.Hope he's still there.

Bert. :D

24b for me to! I have been in the area a bunch and have seen some nice deer. I have a white f250 with the small decal on the back window. I can't wait this is my first time in the unit but so far it looks great. Good luck to everyone.

Hey Coueselk,

My wife and son have Dec. tags in 31 and I notice you're in Safford. Seen a couple of monsters have come out of there in Oct and Nov this year and posted on this site. This 136-inch buck that was shot 20 miles from your house wouldn't by any chance have come from the same unit? I am really stoked about the wife and son getting their first deer tags and of all things they got these super tags! I was in Safford over the long weekend and did a couple of mornings of scouting and I think I have some good places to start. I was already seeing does and small bucks down between 3500 and 4000 feet. Hope the big boys will come join the does by Dec. 16th!

Lee

I'm headed to 24A, getting excited seen a couple 90 inchers on my parents carp hunt.

I will be camping on the east side of the unit with some friends that are coming to help.

Maybe you guys that have this late hunt (or anybody that will be down there) can meet at one of the restaurants one night. I know the guys in the earlier hunts tried to plan that but didn't work out.

Hey Jim,

Those were great bucks that you and Jimmy took. I don't think you realize who I am, But i will give you a hint. Guess the score contest in Brett's garage for Mcdonalds. :blink:   

Manny

Yeah, I remember, I forgot you got the tag, otherwise I would have contacted you about hookin' up durin' the hunt. It would be nice to have some law enforcment guys close by! I think someone owes ME Mcdonalds! :D I believe those guys tried to hook up at Grubstake saloon for a meet and eat. I actually killed my buck on the far east side of the unit and was keeping it as plan B and it would be not far from the saloon. When I finalize a plan, we'll set a date and time, that would be cool to meet up. HEY bchoitz, I've got a mental note on those spots and will look for you, I would love to stop and chat. I should be there during that time and I know I'll be there the whole week after Christmas, I appreciate it! Good luck to everyone! JIM

36b,

Scouting till the hunt.

I have a couple of areas we're looking at. I'm looking at the San Luis Mts area as a secondary spot late in the hunt if our first area doesn't pan out.

I like the idea of camping in numbers, but we will be farther North.

Good Luck!

Matt

I'll be in 36b in a green Ford 4-door p/u with a silver Airstream. Not sure where just yet as my amigo from Tubac hasn't made up his mind yet. He'll be in a Jeep Scrambler. Stop by for a cold one! Mike