runningbird

archery rut hunt

There are some good spots that I've found that very few people stop to check out. Not a ton of deer but the ones I've seen have been good. One I saw was amazing.

Anyway, its worth checking out. PM me and I might have a spot or 2 for you to check out.

Donnie

donnie why would you give up a spot with a amazing deer ??? i just find that strange thats all

Finnally started logging some hours in a tree. Deer seem to be laying low. Could be the hunting (rifle) pressure. Or they are just not rutting yet. Both of those problems will be finding a cure in about a week.

Mike

Congrats RabidApache those are dandy bucks. Was the second buck archery also? That is some wide open country. Did you take these bucks spot and stalk archery?

Yeah DEERSLAM,

I spotted and stalked both bucks in wide open country. The first buck (2X3) I shot in unit C near Lower Park Creek on San Carlos at about 21 yds. The second in unit D east at a long shot of 12 yds. Notice my camo. Not! Just plain and simple spot and stalk, pay special attention to wind with slow movements then make it happen. ;)

Yeah DEERSLAM,

I spotted and stalked both bucks in wide open country. The first buck (2X3) I shot in unit C near Lower Park Creek on San Carlos at about 21 yds. The second in unit D east at a long shot of 12 yds. Notice my camo. Not! Just plain and simple spot and stalk, pay special attention to wind with slow movements then make it happen. ;)

That's a heck of an accomplishment and twice :o

Maybe you should change your name to StealthApache :blink:

stealth/stalker :D both sound good to me.

Those are great bucks, I'm still working on my first arrowed coues. Awesome

Way to go rabidApache! Those are some great deer!

Bret