runningbird

archery rut hunt

where is everyone hunting durring the dec-jan season..I'll be in 23, I've been chasing the same buck for 2 1/2 years.... he's made it thru the early rifle season I'm hoping he's not found durring the rut.. last jan he was out in the open alot.

I will be back in 30A where I spent the Nov. rifle hunt and Aug/Sept. bow hunt. I have been chasing a big buck also now for the last couple of years and as of the last day of the rifle hunt he was still alive and well.

Got a nifty little spot in 23 that I like to sit on. Just gotta find the time!

Mike

Creed check the post about Cochise County, I responded there and posted a picture of a lion killed buck that I found. I didn't get one but had a great hunt.

December I will be hunting my rifle tag down south. My wife will be archery hunting in 22 :) and come January I will be hunting 22 with my stick and string too. ;)

Manny

I will be in units 33, 34A and 37B, have a couple of blinds built and a treestand. Just hoping I can get the patience to sit and wait, we'll see when the time comes.

There are some good spots that I've found that very few people stop to check out. Not a ton of deer but the ones I've seen have been good. One I saw was amazing.

Anyway, its worth checking out. PM me and I might have a spot or 2 for you to check out.

Donnie

I just got off a hunt on the NE corner of San Carlos in search for Elk. An area just South east of Willow Mtn. range. Friday evening we spotted a couple of raghorn bulls off in the distance (~2-3 miles out). Planned on hunting them the following morning but to no avail. We glassed and hiked all day long, and never found them again.

With that hunt spoiled, I broke out my "archie" equipment and decided to hunt deer. So the following morning I spotted my first customer. A nice delicious Muley buck. I swear that buck had a force field around him and deflected the arrow into the Juniper trunk behind him. Missed him at 32yds downhill. So now, theres a 125gr MUZZY broadhead buried in the vitals of that dang Juniper. :blink:

Well thats OK, still have this coming weekend for elk and two more weeks for Archery deer.

On our elk hunting trips I've been finding WT buck scrapes and rubs more frequently. They must be getting fired up for the Rut. I also witnessed a few WT bucks getting a little more friendly with does lately.

Ruts coming early this year I think. I've seen fresh scrapes and rubs mid november this year. I've seen more this dec than ever before.

I was up two weekends ago hanging treestands for January and I was finding scrapes that was northern AZ though. Anybody been down south and finding anything?

I've only found one rub and no scrapes yet at all. Good thing I'm getting the bucks on my game cams or I'd think there wasn't any there. Good luck everyone!