Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Spring Bear Sign/ Shed Hunting

I have a nice one coming into a water hole here in 24a and I am going to try and get him this weekend.

PICT0631.jpg

PICT0632.jpg

PICT0633.jpg

PICT0645.jpg

Thanks Amanda for the new camera this is the new camera and it works great.

Thanks buddy I amm going to need it I have bearitus...The bears don't come around when it is season. Maybe the new bow will bring me some luck. LMFAO

I like the color phase on that guy. I love how you have cut out the bear to avoid showing the fence that surrounds him at the Phoenix Zoo! Are you planning on a tree stand or ground blind? How far away are you planning to put it from the water source?

He has came in on the 7th the 12th the 14th and the 15th. I will be set up about 25 yards from the water source just hidden behind some brush. I don't want to use a blind because I am affraid he will smell it or see it so I have found some really good spots to hide that he won't see me. IF he comes in I will get him.....BUT thats the problem I will see bears all year round BUT when I have a weapon in hand and its season it seems that the curse is still with me. My dad has Harvested over 5 bears in his life so he has me beat there BUT I have him beat on the archery elk and archery deer he has never got to harvest either one with a bow. Oh and he has never got a bear with his bow so thats why I want my first to be with one. He is going too and he will have his rifle so we will see what happens.

He has came in on the 7th the 12th the 14th and the 15th. I will be set up about 25 yards from the water source just hidden behind some brush. I don't want to use a blind because I am affraid he will smell it or see it so I have found some really good spots to hide that he won't see me. IF he comes in I will get him.....BUT thats the problem I will see bears all year round BUT when I have a weapon in hand and its season it seems that the curse is still with me. My dad has Harvested over 5 bears in his life so he has me beat there BUT I have him beat on the archery elk and archery deer he has never got to harvest either one with a bow. Oh and he has never got a bear with his bow so thats why I want my first to be with one. He is going too and he will have his rifle so we will see what happens.

Sounds like you have a pretty good opportunity there to fill your OTC tag. Is the bear hitting the water around the same time frame when he does make his visits? Or are his times all over the place?

He comes in normally after noon but he did come in once at 6:00 AM and thats the last pic.

He comes in normally after noon but he did come in once at 6:00 AM and thats the last pic.

Its interesting to see how "regular" they can be in their patterns, but he'll only be doing that as long as his food source is still available in the area. I hope you get him this weekend. I have a buddy checking my trail cams for me. I hope to have a bruin or two on film as well!