Sign in to follow this  
CouesBuckhunter

Roosevelt

Did any one on here have any luck at Roosevelt this weekend (25-27)? My camp had 4 fishers in it and only caught 16 bass, 1 crappie, and 2 bluegills. I shot at some fish with no luck either. Saw many big bass in the shallows but they werent biting much of anything. Got them to chase green spinerbaits then today they were hiting muddogs. Our biggest catch was a 6lb bass. My dad had a 8lb bass but it flipped off the hook in the weeds.

We were at Roosevelt from 3/22-3/27 and caught a ton of Large Mouth Bass. We fish every morning and every evening and we averaged about 30-45 fish a day. Nothing huge the biggest was around 5.5 Lbs.

5.5 might not be HUGE but it's getting close! Sounds like some decent fishing to me.

I got out on Sunday and managed 15 or so. It was a little tougher than last weekend. Got two decent smallies and a 3lb. largemouth. Think this weekend will be going strong again with the warm weather but I been wrong before :D

a couple POP r bass on sunday the 27 at dusk and then wide open on top at dusk on monday 28th-6 lipped and several lost at boat....lots of swirls-maybe 20- it was a great bite right at dusk for about 40 minutes. even some rebites like when i got a backlash and the floater was hit twice while i was gettin the reel straight again....

at about 10 this morning i was done fishin' and being an observer of this new gizzard shad thing off cholla when a 12-15lb female bass came out from under a flooded tree and made circles around a nest. an hour later i was the worst fisherman in the milky way and gave up on her. 4 ft deep, tail all torn up and would not touch my best presentations. 'course I don't live in gila county so i may not be palatable and i turned a couple jakes corner boys onto her as i left.

big thrill when 'sentimental journey' flew over the lake about 11am this morning.

lee

I fished from the 26th thru the 28th and found the fishing slower than slow. I consider myself an ok fisherman but evidently I'm not as good as the ones catching 20 & 30 a day. 4 smallies and 2 large mouths on Sat., 2 6" bass on Sun., and 2 12" on Monday. No crappies and everyone I talked to said the same as me and I talked to alot of fishermen. Sounds like I need to hire them Koury boy's for a day. Are they guiding yet? Love their video. :)

TJ

TJ,

Were sorry it wasn't good for you. Were you on the Salt end of the lake? We heard it was not as good on that end, we fished the tonto end. We never tried to catch crappie cause we heard they were not that active yet. We did very well on weightless sinkos in baby bass color or any watermelon color with a fleck. We made a new episode for our show when we were there but have been busy with school track to get it completed, maybe this weekend. We did not get as many on video as before cause we had trouble getting our dad off the fishing pole and on the camera. Here is a couple pictures before we get everything completed. And good luck to everyone this weekend it should be very good looking at the weather. We might see you down there if we can talk the parents into a Sunday down and back run since Saturday we have to check on the Turkeys for the Junior hunt.

post-5275-0-25021000-1301669242_thumb.jpg

post-5275-0-42440100-1301669281_thumb.jpg

Here is just a little dink Skyler caught while fishing a deep tree with a watermelon sinko with red fleck.

post-5275-0-63084000-1301669397_thumb.jpg

Again good luck to all this weekend. Remember Lake Powell is getting ready to break loose also. We always fish it mid to late April and catch a ton of good small mouth. They say the striper are already starting...Fun..Fun.

You K brothers know how to get it done. Yes, I was at the salt end the whole time and finally figured out why there are no fish there. You brothers have caught them all out of that end of the lake. :lol: My wife just asked if you would tie some up for us? Great picture of Tyler's fish and thanks for sharing with us. Good luck on your turkey hunt.

Keep us posted when your next video comes out. :)

TJ

launched at school house everyday fish the salt and end and across from the ramp on the other side boated about 15 and lost a crap load right at the boat on spinner baits and buzz baits.