Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Ever have one of those

Started off the spring break with visions of sheds laying all over the place and me, my wife and son finding at least a few of them. But no......too much snow to get into our favorite spot, plus two new inches of snow on top of that while we were out.

So after 4 days of getting skunked in the horn department we decide to spend our last hoorah over at Roosevelt Lake. I mean, I know it has been a long time since we have been there but....when did they institute the $10.00 parking and boating pass???? Plus is there no lakeshore camping anymore?? Plus I throw everything in my box out there and can't catch one dang fish to save my soul.......then to find out the Cats lost by two points.......

So at the end of the week, no horns, no fish and no final four??????

Still one of the best weeks of my life out in the Arizona open spaces with my wife and kid, wouldn't trade it for the world.........this is a great state for enjoying the great outdoors.

I got out too, but ended up takiing an excursion out to Canyon lake.

Wanted to see if I could glass up some sheep.

Only found a pretty good sized chukwalla.

Gas dryer quit, backhoe tire went flat, ranger tire got a hole in it the size of a dime, fired up the boat inboard 350 alphamax hydrolocked, pulled plugs, sprayed water, block cracked on a 6K engine. I'll trade you.

Gas dryer quit, backhoe tire went flat, ranger tire got a hole in it the size of a dime, fired up the boat inboard 350 alphamax hydrolocked, pulled plugs, sprayed water, block cracked on a 6K engine. I'll trade you.

OUCH!! Yeah, you win...that hurts. I hydrolocked my jeep once, but luckily it still works fine.

Dang.....thanks for making me feel better about my week.....hope you have a better week and I will pass on the trade.....

Or you can take a walk in my shoes, never mind that material stuff. We all have problems and we all have

" one of those". Glad you could still see the upside. We're above ground and thats what counts. Cheers!!

we all love it when a yr starts off right - $1200 here - $1200 there - throw in another away on $1400 taxs - dog laid to rest - still no work - so most of us are feeelin the squeese one way or the other and its only April -

aboutthe only thing that might turmn things around is a loper tag this yr . were still waitin to hear on that one !

need ta get a coup;e tires to see if the boat will run this yr. = sat last yr. no real $ and nothings got any chaeper - it may be next on choppin list to go!- gotta se if it'll run - whats a trip to the lake cost these days 10 gals of gass so theres $40 plus lake fees - chit is never ending !! casnt leave the house with out it costin $50 . minimum

went out to rosey last weekend. 2 days fishing and didn't catch a thing threw my box out there and still nothing!! i have everything but worms.

shore camping is under water from the flood and the dam built up. and the water level has been good since.

i'm not going back without a boat.... i think thats my problem is i don't have a dam boat!!!