Sign in to follow this  
missedagain

2011-2012 Hunt Guidelines

oops somebody made a typo in the archery deer section, 6B south ???? I believe that should read 6A South

I noticed the typo also. At the top (page 3) under deer guidelines it says 6A South will be added for a January 1-15th deer season. Under the January archery season dates (page 12) it has 6B January 1-15.

The extension of the January hunt in a few units from 15 days to the full 30 will be nice.

I like the reduction of permits in unit 12A where they state they are trying for a 5-7% population growth. I think that unit has had way too many tags and it was time to reduce them. Maybe unit 12A will someday be what it once was?

An increase in the rifle strip deer tags seems ok, but a reduction in the archery permits I don't agree with.

If you look under the notes section,notes (18,27)..note 27 is the boundry outlines for the 6B SOUTH HUNT UNIT.

Page 3 and page 12 contradict eachother

Guest super jumbo

Wow its about time they lowered the tags on the kaibab. Way to many deer being shot up their for such a great reputation. Give it 3-4 years of tag allocations like this and now we are talking. On a side note i guess they have made it clear that they are going to keep raising tags in 33 for coues deer until there isnt a deer left in the unit with antlers (then we can all go doe hunting). I talked to one of the unit 22 game wardens in the field last year and he said that the unit is on a negative curve for population growth in the coues deer department. I have also started to see less deer(especially bucks) overall in the unit over the past few years, so why does the g and f keep raising the tags every year? Pretty soon 22 will be up to a 1000 tags for coues deer including the juniors hunt. I guess the g and f must be ready to start transplanting deer soon cause they will in 22 if they arent careful. Seriously the deer numbers in 22 are way down, so lets kill them all i guess.

You can always take your thoughts to the meetings and voice your concerns. It looks like theyre encouraging that this year. Voice your opinion. It surely wont hurt........