Sign in to follow this  
ggpwr

Woods Canyon Lake Info?

Hey All,

Me and about 8 buddies are going to Woods Canyon Lake April 29-May 1 for my birthday and some fishing. Anyone been up there recently? I know they were supposed to stock it yesterday. I would love to go somewhere a little more secluded but some of these guys don't get out much and I don't want to hear anyone whine that they got their pink truck and shiny loafers dirty. Anyway, if you have been there, what are they hitting on? I am also open to other suggestions to camp/fish that weekend in the surrounding area if you have a better idea than Woods Canyon. Thanks for the help!

I have always been partial to Black Canyon Lake. Its a graded dirt road but seems to keep more folks from hitting it. But have hands down caught more fish from Woods Canyon. I always go old school with green lable salmon eggs.

I just drove thru there Sunday and all the snow has melted leaving standing water everywhere but not a problem fishing the lakes. I personally don't like staying in camp grounds, having two dogs, so I usually camp off the Young road which is just down the road from Woods Canyon turn off. Take the first right after turning on the Young road and you will find quite a few camp spots at no cost. Camp stops are far from each other so you won't disturb your neighbor. Good luck! :)

TJ

And I am sure the fellow campers appreciate it TJ, because you are pretty disturbing...... :lol:

As Hank said in his song, "just carrying on a family tradition". I'm really trying to clean up my act but not having much luck. :lol: :lol:

TJ

does any one know if the 300 rd is open by woods canyon lake?

It is closed at the lake, so you can get to the lake but no further