Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Easter in the Valley of Fire

With dog as my co-pilot, Rica and I headed towards Las Vegas to the Valley of Fire State Park to enjoy the warm weather and vibrant sandstone. There were many more places to hike, explore and photograph than the two days would permit.

The road to White Domes winds its way though the valley.

Ed720S-CurveValleyFire4-201.jpg

Fire Wave was made famous by some german photographers.

Ed720FireWave2ValleyFire4-2.jpg

Nice banded rock at the head of a slot canyon.

Ed720SlotValleyFire4-2011_3.jpg

Evening showers above Gibraltar Rock.

Ed720EveningStormValleyFire.jpg

Small alcove with eroded features.

Ed720FireCaveValleyFire4-20.jpg

Krazy Kolors at a place called Crazy Hill.

Ed720CrazyHillDayValleyFire.jpg

There are plenty more images from Valley of Fire in my photo gallery if you care to visit.

Dawn of Fire

Doug~RR

Simply amazing pictures Doug. Congrats on a job well done. Super color and contrast.

Thanks for the looks and comments.

Brent, after a winter of snow, the desert is nice to visit. But after 20 years on Flagstaff, I am finding 85* rather warm (even though I grew up in Phoenix). Looking forward to seeing more Yellowstone/Madison fishing photos.

Doug~RR

Great job Doug and it's always a pleasure to look at your work. Glad we have you here on cwt. :)

TJ

Thanks for the looks and comments.

Brent, after a winter of snow, the desert is nice to visit. But after 20 years on Flagstaff, I am finding 85* rather warm (even though I grew up in Phoenix). Looking forward to seeing more Yellowstone/Madison fishing photos.

Doug~RR

I thought I was getting "burned out" living in the desert (pardon the pun), but after one winter in Montana, the Arizona heat is not so bad. I will be leaving Bozeman in 2 weeks to spend 5 months back down by West Yellowstone. My flyfishing adventures will get back into full swing shortly after I get there. I will post more pics in a few weeks.