Lance

5th ANNUAL CWT MARSHALL LAKE GET TOGETHER

I would think mostly everyone who wore shorts with low cut shoes might have a few bites as well. I'm not an expert but have had several thousands of chiggers while hunting AZ. My first experience with chiggers was after a bear hunt that Peg and I figured I had over 1,000 all over my body. There is no doubt Peg has chiggers and the best solution that has worked for me, over the years, is clear nail polish. The more you itch them the more it irritates them and they just dig deeper. The nail polish will help with the itching and smother them. Good luck to the unfortunate ones who might have gotten a few. :)

TJ

Just an fyi - it's a common misconception that chiggers actually burrow into the skin and cause the itching by living in the skin. They don't, they just bite on the outside and cause intense itching. Calamine lotion, a corticosteroid cream, or an antihistamine to reduce itching is best treatment.

You can do your own research online, but here is one article about them.

http://www.medicinenet.com/chiggers_bites/article.htm

I don't remember if I posted this already, but I really wanted to say thank you to TJ and Peg for going above and beyond to help us make this outing more fun. They donated several items which they purchased specifically to give away at this event. We ended up raffling off most of those and donating the money to Josh/Jen. And TJ and Peg came up with the idea of the rope lights for a campfire, since we couldn't have a real fire. That worked great and was a real hit with everyone. In addition TJ scouted out and located our camping spot (which was different from previous years) and created signs to help everyone find it. And Peg made some outstanding fresh salsa that everyone enjoyed, as well as several sides for dinner. And they provided the power, the blender, the cups and tequila for pomegranate margaritas!

So many thanks to TJ and Peg for all they do to help at events like this. You make it a real treat and I really appreciate what you do :)

Just an fyi - it's a common misconception that chiggers actually burrow into the skin and cause the itching by living in the skin. They don't, they just bite on the outside and cause intense itching. Calamine lotion, a corticosteroid cream, or an antihistamine to reduce itching is best treatment.

Wow! I guess I should have looked them chiggers up years ago. Thanks Amanda for the reserch online. I can't believe how much smarter I keep get'en by posting and reading here on cwt. :D Nail polish has always worked better for me than calomine lotion. :)

TJ

Wow! I guess I should have looked them chiggers up years ago. Thanks Amanda for the reserch online. I can't believe how much smarter I keep get'en by posting and reading here on cwt. :D Nail polish has always worked better for me than calomine lotion. :)

TJ

Whatever works for you!

I don't remember if I posted this already, but I really wanted to say thank you to TJ and Peg for going above and beyond to help us make this outing more fun. They donated several items which they purchased specifically to give away at this event. We ended up raffling off most of those and donating the money to Josh/Jen. And TJ and Peg came up with the idea of the rope lights for a campfire, since we couldn't have a real fire. That worked great and was a real hit with everyone. In addition TJ scouted out and located our camping spot (which was different from previous years) and created signs to help everyone find it. And Peg made some outstanding fresh salsa that everyone enjoyed, as well as several sides for dinner. And they provided the power, the blender, the cups and tequila for pomegranate margaritas!

So many thanks to TJ and Peg for all they do to help at events like this. You make it a real treat and I really appreciate what you do :)

Thanks for the kind words Amanda. Peg & I really don't look at ourselves as going above and beyond. It's just who we are. We appreciate the opportunity to be among the many good people you have brought togther through CouesWhitetail. :)

TJ

Ok Already! lol! This isn't supposed to be a chigger post! Your all gonna make no one want to come next year! :( lol. They were just little "Cerar Knats" Not chiggers! There are buggs in the woods no mater where you go. point is that we had a good time in beautiful country with great people right. lol :D

Thanks again everyone for partisipating in a fun and enjoyable weekend and for posting all the pictures! :)

No bites here! :P But even if I did have some we would still be there next year! I can't pass on yummy food! Next year though I will have to bring something to add to the delicious array of food that was out!!!!!! Lance thanks again to you and your family for the great hospitality! :D

Sorry won't beable to make it...it's a long drive from Tucson for one and secondly i already to vacation off for 21st-24th to visit williams....maybe next time

Sorry won't beable to make it...it's a long drive from Tucson for one and secondly i already to vacation off for 21st-24th to visit williams....maybe next time

:unsure: :blink:

post-82-0-83035500-1310156607_thumb.gif

post-82-0-83035500-1310156607_thumb.gif

Oh man, now that right there is some funny stuff from the boys. HARSH, but oh so funny! I'm dying over here, ya good stuff.

Are there any plans yet for this years get together??? Have dates and ideas been thrown around yet? I went in 2009 and have missed the last 2 years. I would really like to go this year.