Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

One Day Hunt

My wife finally flew home from Ohio and missed opening weekend of her turkey hunt. Now that she is home she has decided to do a day trip to try and bag a turkey. The odds are stacked against us for sure and I'm really surpised she is going to get up at 2am so we can make the trip, north of payson, to be there before daylight. I am pretty excited that I get to go out one more time even though it's for a day. She didn't want to spend the night so it's do or die. To be continued................... :)

TJ

Best of luck, TJ. It's getting tough around my neck of the woods for sure. Got up at 3 AM to take Matt out again, and it was rough.

I'm sure you'll get it done, and I look forward to your story AND PICTURES!

My wife finally flew home from Ohio and missed opening weekend of her turkey hunt. Now that she is home she has decided to do a day trip to try and bag a turkey. The odds are stacked against us for sure and I'm really surpised she is going to get up at 2am so we can make the trip, north of payson, to be there before daylight. I am pretty excited that I get to go out one more time even though it's for a day. She didn't want to spend the night so it's do or die. To be continued................... :)

TJ

Peg was going to post her hunt when she got home but she is already asleep. On the road by 2:30am, walmart for a nail file, Mac Donalds in payson for breakfast burrito 4:am, and in one of my spots by 5:10. As we were waiting for it to get light enough to see I think I hear a turkey fly down but not so sure. Then we can't believe our eyes. Up the logging road comes a man on a mountain bike. This isn't an easy road to start with and we just laugh as he rides by within 30 yrds of us. I start out with some turkey calling and by 6:00am I call in a hunter who is quite embarrased. At least we were having an exciting start. We can hear other people and decide we must move so on to plan B which turned out not so good. As it heated up by 10:00 Peg decides she has had enough and the hunt is over. She wants to come home so I treat her to lunch at El Rancho before coming back to the 100deg waiting on us here in the valley. We checked out the wildlife fair and stopped by Santana's Outdoors as well after lunch. It was a good day even though we didn't have a turkey to show for it. Next year look out turkeys! :lol: :)

TJ

Hey sounds like a good day, spend sometime outdoors with the wife and El Rancho is always good.

Baja Enchiladas and mug of Bud Light is my dinner of choice :)

I had to settle for the ice tea but a bud light would have been my choice if I didn't have to drive home the turkey hunter. Congratulations again on your turkey and Maggie is a sweet heart. :)

TJ