Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

Her first turkey hunt with dad

I had a tag for the second season and it turned out to be a tough season for us. I hunted the first two days with a buddy Tim who is pretty darn good with the calls and nothing no gobbles, no strutting, and no bird. The only gobbles I got to hear were before season. Yesterday I decided to go set a ground blind for the first time with one of my daughters. We finally got to see some strutting as two jakes came in and saw the decoy. My daughter loved it and said she could not believe how excited she was. It was a great time no long beard but she didn't care. post-3109-0-76485100-1304779827_thumb.jpg

Always good to get the kids out with you. I cant wait till my girls are 5 because thats when I will start taking them . congrats on the bird.

Congrats to the both of you!

You never know whith hunting how things will turn out.

Glad things turned around for the best!

Way to stick it out. It was a tough year and you definitely pulled it all together with a big bonus of having your daugther, Maggie, with you. How sweet is that? Congratulations on your gobbler and thanks for sharing that wonderfull picture. Priceless to say the least. :)

TJ

thanks for the replies and it is always good to get the kids outdoors

Awesome! I would take a strutting jake with my daughter over a long beard any day! Congrats two you both and thanks for sharing.

I am taking my 16 yr old daughter up to 27 today. Seconed time hunting with her for turkey. She had her chance but she decided to chase the gobbler instead of shooting it 2 years ago. Maybe we will have better luck this weekend.