Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

looking for a unit for wife to hunt

I am looking for a mule deer unit that i can take my wife and a 1st time deer hunter. not looking for honey holes or family secrets.....just suggestions. i would like a unit that would be good for glassing and that has a good shot at getting my wife and friend a shot at a buck. doesnt have to be a huge buck just something with some horn. thanks in advance.

Cody Smith

I thought all mule deer hunts were easy beginners hunts :P ... might look at 18b there is a decent chance of shooting a 2 point and not to challenging terrain

I am looking for a mule deer unit that i can take my wife and a 1st time deer hunter. not looking for honey holes or family secrets.....just suggestions. i would like a unit that would be good for glassing and that has a good shot at getting my wife and friend a shot at a buck. doesnt have to be a huge buck just something with some horn. thanks in advance.

Cody Smith

I hunted unit 17b for the first time last year and got a nice 3by with good mass and could have shot a couple of forks. Did well for the first time in the area and having to learn where to go. Found a few places after I shot my buck but ran out of days in the 3 day weekend for my inlaw to get his buck. If you have access to some of the privet land you would do really well but their is some good public places to well. anyway. I would hunt it again. 27 is a good hunt too thats were I am going this year. (I hope i get a tag)