when im done making up my reloads its difficult to drop the bolt down to shoot, not to chamber the shell, but pull the bolt down, any idea what causes this? factory ammo works fine, i am FL sizing, and the then reload. everything is normal and shoots good, just tough to drop the bolt

You need to turn the die down just a touch to bump the shoulder back a little bit.

Is this on brass that has been reloaded 2-3 times already?

Casey is correct you need to bump the shoulder just a bit. I would turn the die about 1/8 of a turn then size a case. Chamber and cock that case, if the bolt drops easily, you are set correct, if not, take it another 1/8 turn and repeat until you get the feel you want.

Lock your die in once you get it set. However, if you have more than one gun of the same caliber, you may need to adjust the dies differently for each. You will also want to keep you brass from each gun seperate.

If this is with new brass, is your COAL to long. This would be causing you to jam the bullet into the lands. Factory/Match/turn-neck chamber?

Try chambering and empty piece of brass after FL sizing. If it is hard to lock the bolt then it is you resizing methods. If it chambers fine and only loaded rounds are tight, then check your overall cartridge length INCLUDING your primer depth.

everything is up to par, oal is good, everything is off the lands at 2/1000 everything is perfect. i loaded and sized everything at the same time, and i chambered every round and only 2 of the 50 are tight. maybe something didnt go right with the shoulder for those 2, primer depth is good etc.

Well, I'd like to ask everyone if they have ideas as to what would make a bolt hard to turn on an empty chamber. I have a remington 710 in .243 that I have to slap the handle down to get the bolt to seat. It is the same on an empty chamber as it is with a few shot

ie... cold or hot barrel makes no difference. any help would be great.

try putting some rem oil or other type of lube where it turns, where the bolt wraps around the bolt action? (cylinder part that houses the firing pin and the has the bullet extractor on it) is what im trying to say.