Sign in to follow this  

Elk Antler Growth

I went out elk scouting yesterday to see how the antler growth was looking this year. These are pics off a video camera taken yesterday June 12th. From what I see the antlers are looking pretty good for it only being mid June, what do you guys think? Overall the grass in most areas looks good, but there was a lot of dry tanks so hopefully the monsoons will come early!

Anybody else have any pics from this year or reports of what kind of antler growth we should expect for this years elk and deer?

003.jpg

012.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

I have only seen one bull this year. He was a branch Antlered bull but nothing like the ones you are showing. Some of those might be real nice next month.

I thought a few of these bulls looked pretty good for it being mid June, give it another month and it will be a lot easier to tell what these bulls will end up being. If anybody else has any scouting pics of bulls over the next couple months post them up!

Hopefully I'll have some luck over the next couple months and I'll be able to post some better pics!

I went out on Tuesday night and glassed up about 7 bulls, Biggest being a little smaller than the size of that first pic. He was a ways off so it was hard to tell with him but a handfull of the other bulls were still at about a 5 point but they had big nobby ends. im sure they have a good amount of growing left to do. Its stinking dry out there though! Pray for some rain fast!

Jay

Here's a link to check out which parts of Arizona received more precipitation over the last year! This map was as of March 21st 2011. Flagstaff Airport was at 102% of annual precipitation while the Grand Canyon was at 113% of normal. It dried out quick going east of Flagstaff, while Winslow was only at 57% of normal precip. Click on the map to enlarge.

My link

Here's a few trail cam pics of the bulls growing! Looks like a few could end up being pretty nice. Hopefully more bulls will show up in the next couple weeks!

Bull 1:

222.jpg

Bull 2:

186.jpg

Bull 2:

183.jpg

Bull 3:

274.jpg

Bull 3:

692.jpg

Bull 3:

695.jpg

Bull 3:

698-1.jpg

Bull 4:

213.jpg

Bull 5:

205.jpg

Bull 6:

202.jpg

Bull 7:

168.jpg

Bull 7:

171.jpg

Bull 8-9:

145.jpg

Bull 8-9:

152-1.jpg

Bull 10:

244.jpg

Ummmmmmmmm Bull 3 for me please.....he is going to be awesome!!!!! Thanks for the great pics!

Mike111, did you draw another U9 permit?

Nope didn't draw that unit!