Sign in to follow this  
huntermncb

June 19th lion

This may not be one of those big 150 pound toms but i worked my butt off to shoot this lion. I started hunting a month ago after loosing 21 pounds and putting alot of miles on the boots i shot this female. By far lion hunting is one of the best hunting experiences i have ever had. I hope u guys enjoy the photos and if you have any questions just ask.

P1010156.jpg

P1010158.jpg

P1010157.jpg

P1010164.jpg

P1010163.jpg

P1010159.jpg

Congrats on the lion! How long did it take you to get her in the tree?

Congratulations on your lion. What unit did it come out of? Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Congrats on your lion, hope to get one someday! Nice pics

Buy a double bull blind, it attracts them. ;)

TJ

I guess that first class kennel you stay in paid off!! Your owners must be proud........nice work dog

Nice work Cody!

If you need a taxi I'll get you the number for this guy I know down in Gilbert...

;)

Hey, I recognize that 'cat'! Congrats bud, thanks for posting.

How are you guys going to mount it?

it took 7 days for us tree a lion that we were able to shoot. Im up in the air with how im going to mount her i am leaning towards lifesize. I am still going out out hopeing to shoot the the big tom we have been chasing i think im at 11 days now. thanks everyone for the kind words

Congrats on the lion. It is 100 times harder to tree them in June than it is in Jan. I would hold off on life sized. Get the hide tanned and hold off. You have about 5 months until you can get another tag, and it sounds like you are gettin after it. Hold off..

Whitey

The nice thing is about mounting her i work for a taxidermists Marc Plunkett. I also killed the cat in a multiple kill unit so i have another tag in the pockett and going out every weekend. We bayed up another female on some bluffs last saturday but she got a free ticket to live that day.