zbraman

TRADITIONA ARCHERS?

Not a traditional archer but just wanted to welcome you to the site. I'm sure there are a few. One of our members makes his own bow & arrows but can't for the life of me remember his name. He's fron San Carlos. Welcome! :)

TJ

Not a traditional archer but just wanted to welcome you to the site. I'm sure there are a few. One of our members makes his own bow & arrows but can't for the life of me remember his name. He's fron San Carlos. Welcome! :)

TJ

Welcome as well........I think the member who makes his own equipment also took a nice coues last year,

Am new to the forum and wondering if there are any other Traditional Archers. I shoot Long Bow and would like hearing from other Trad archers

Welcome. I shoot traditional equipment everynow and then,but since then I've become a primitive archer/builder. Happy HuntN.

Am new to the forum and wondering if there are any other Traditional Archers. I shoot Long Bow and would like hearing from other Trad archers

Welcome to the site!! There are a couple of us that still use the Traditional bows. I just can't hit anything with one of the new fast bows. They cant shoot over the brush and take way to long to shoot I just don't see why anyone would want one of the heavy things?

Haven't hunted with it yet, but I shoot a Martin Howitt Recurve. 65 lbs at 28", shooting 29" Carbon with the heaviest spline I could get an

100 grain heads. I was surprised when I started shooting it how fast it is. Definitely a challenge, and definitely fun.

New to this site also. I shoot & build both laminated & selfbows. Make my arrows, fletching & broadheads. Also make all most of my archery equipment. Just got back into knapping and hope to get a mulie this year, close but no cigar last year. John

post-13386-0-38937200-1432869360_thumb.jpg

post-13386-0-71235000-1432869645_thumb.jpg

post-13386-0-81983300-1432869873_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ive shoot prety much exclusively trad for the last 2 years. Been shootin stick bows since my dad made me one out of a bambo deep sea rod when I was 8. I got into a wheel bow but couldnt keep myhands off the sticks. I shoot recurves and longbows. Though I do have a preference for the long bow. Good to see other trad shooters in the ranks.

I got the traditional bug bad after ruining my compound bow on a hunt and had no backup. Since then I have not had anywhere near this much fun with archery since I was a little kid. I now own 3 recurve bows: a vintage 1960 Bear Kodiak, a new Grayling Green Super Kodiak, and a Whisperstik Kajikastik takedown. Each has it's own flavor but I'd say the Kodiak is my favorite!

Welcome aboard!

I live over on the west side of phoenix, I shoot over at el oso park on 75th ave and Indian school. If any ones interested in meeting up and shooting let me know.

Welcome.

I hunt with a compound mostly, but took my first 2 deer with a recurve and still play around with a couple of them. I have a cheap, but amazing Samick sage I hunt small game with and a 1960s super Diablo.

QhunterAZ - Been talking with a fella up in Globe thru the "Leatherwall" and will try to hook-up and shoot. I would love to shoot closer also. I am located in Apache Jct. I will PM you when I have some free time, you know how real life keeps getting in the way.

Heat - I sure miss my Grayling Green Grizzly, great go to bow. Just pick it up and start shooting like it was yesterday. I shot my last Michigan whitetail with a 53' Kodiak with static tips.

I noticed your Bible verses. I carved a bow for a close friend and named it "Esau" with the Genesis 27:3 written on it. The one I hunted with is "Ishmael" and shot a javelina with it when I first moved down here to AZ.

John

post-13386-0-87401400-1432955416_thumb.jpg

post-13386-0-74697800-1432955585_thumb.jpg

post-13386-0-85713500-1432955735_thumb.jpg

• Like 1