Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

coronado closure order

So I just went to the Coronado national forest web page and its says the closure will be in effect tell july 31 2011 if I am reading that correctly or they could re open it if there is enough rain. Has anybody else read this? So if I am reading it right I should be able to scout at beginning of august Before archery opens up?

There will be a press conference today by the Coronado FS office in Tucson for an update if anyone is able to make it I'd entertain hearing what they had to say.

cmc

Amanda - I can only hope they open it back up soon. Not just because I have an archery bear tag but that Covert II I bought from CWT about 3 months ago has been sitting out there for a few months now. Glad I staked it full of batteries and I can't wait to see what it's got on the card. Of course now that it's 100deg out it's not going to be fun hiking in to retrieve it.

cmc

where did it rain up there amanda? run any water? this rain needs to quit teasing and just get to it. Lark.

Greer residents have been given another pre-evacuation notice. This time we were warned of the potential for flooding "like hasn't been seen here in many decades" because of the Wallow Fire removing ground cover on the river's watershed. They claim that as little as a 15-minute rain could bring down trees, boulders and debris and block culverts and bridges, causing flooding throughout the valley.

Officials are serious about this. Crews were stacking sandbags around the Rendezvous Diner this morning, as well as uphill of all the surviving cabins along the east fork road, where they also were installing larger culverts.

We think our cabin will be safe, even if the river rises 10-12 feet and fills the valley. However, if the bridges go, we could be stuck on the wrong side of the river for a couple of weeks without electricity for our well, refrigerator and freezer.

Bill Quimby

Rained all over the top of the mtn....started puoring when we were watching a bear near grant vista and it rained all the way past riggs and nuttall canyon..the storms were on and off all night and there were still puddles and some fog in the early morning. No rain today yet.

Cmc if you would like me to check your camera for you, let me know. I am up here most every week

10 new fires last night from all the lightning in the Coronado national forest...

The AZ Daily Star today had a article that said all burn areas and some areas surrounding the burns in the Coronado NF will remain closed to entry for 1 year. I think it was the forest service spokesman saying this...