Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

ground blind

So I was just wondering if there is a limit on how early u can set up a ground blind. Went to one of my spot in santa catalinas and there was a ground blind already set up in one of my spots and I went there the morning it opened up so it had to be already set up in may because it closed in june due to fire danger so that would be over three months in advanced to archery deer. And its not like u can hunt bear in that area or anything else that is in season at that time. Just wondering cuz if that is the case I might never get to hunt that spot again if u can place them up that early. Don't got the money to replace blinds if they get stolen or weather beaten. Thought there was a rule on something like that.

Hey bonecollector do u happen to know how long it has to sit there before being considered abandoned? The looks like it has been sitting there a while maybe sense january cuz the wind knocked it down and it had someholes in it and is sun faded but it wasn't the best of blinds it was one of those pop up blinds that fold together like a sunshade for a car. Just wondering cuz I would love to sit there this august but can't at the moment. Guess I will wait tell later season to hunt it hopefully it isn't there by then

It could be that the owner has forgotten about it. We have a friend that left a treestand out for over 4 yrs and funny enough another friend found it and was having the same delima about it, till we figured it out the the other guy forgot about it. Hence it is first come to a spot, not what ground blind or tree stand was there first, but the first person to show up at a spot to hunt. But always remember to be thoughtful and try to work with fellow hunters(even though some are not so thoughtful). I would not give up on that spot.

It could be that the owner has forgotten about it. We have a friend that left a treestand out for over 4 yrs and funny enough another friend found it and was having the same delima about it, till we figured it out the the other guy forgot about it. Hence it is first come to a spot, not what ground blind or tree stand was there first, but the first person to show up at a spot to hunt. But always remember to be thoughtful and try to work with fellow hunters(even though some are not so thoughtful). I would not give up on that spot.

+1

+2. I would go with the assumption that it was forgotten or just never retrieved from last year. If you get there on opening day, and someone's sitting there, back out and let them have it.

+3 AZGFD does state somewhere in the regs that putting out a stand or blind does not count as "first come" but I agree with being courteous and respectful and working with other hunters.

If I set up a blind a couple weeks early, I'll leave a water bottle, shirt, or seat, so it looks like I've been using it and will continue. Best thing to do for archery dear in August is to have some back up spots. I try and avoid water and all those conflicts. When I'm scouting water to sit. I assume some one else will want to sit it as well. Good luck, I would say if it is sun faded, the guy has forgotten about it.

Ya the blind is definitely sun faded and has holes in it but there has been strong winds up there so I think the holes are from recent storms. And it wasn't even standing correctly it was collapsed in on itsself. No cameras up in the area either. I was thinking someone put this cheap blind just to claim the spot and maybe is going to put something up at a later date. I don't want any problems with anyone. But u guys say it is first come first serve to the spot not who put up blind first?I hope they feel the same. I might just keep my eye on it and hunt it later in the season just to avoid conflict that is if someone is going to be sitting on it. If I go back and the blind is put back up and not collapsed in on itself I will assume someone will be sitting there

It really does suck though out of the past three years first sign of a person I have seen back there def put a damper on my august hunt. Had tons of pics of deer in area and was hoping to maybe put down a 100 inched that I have seen in area. Oh well maybe next year if I don't get to sit there

I have put my name on mine, more to identify it than to be courteous to others.

Is it wise to put your name and contact number somewhere on the blind? just curious if anyone does that.

So I went up again yesterday and still the blind is there but in the same condition as it was before. Still collapsed in on itself and not upright so I decided to leave a note asking if he could contact me so we can work it out so that when he is hunting it I am not so we both could possibly have a successful hunt without either of us interrupting each other. Hopefully he calls but if I go there a few days before and blind is still in same condition and the note is still there and no call then I am def going to be sitting there opening day

Espo its Derrick. Fun time scouting with you today! Nothing more fun to me. Screw mountain lions.