I been lucky and have had a great time this 1st week of January. :D

Shot this javalina on New Years Day.

post-695-1136521261.jpg

My buddies shot a couple other javalina the next day a one of them shot a fox.

Last night I got a call from a friend of mine saying he got a call about a fresh lion killed deer. He asked if I could meet the guys this morning a see if we could get the lion treed, which of course a guy can't say no to that.

So right after last nights football game I got in the truck and drove to Bagdad to meet the lion guide at the Bashas Grocery Store parking lot. We met up at 5:15 this morning and proceeded to the kill site. We had about a 1 1/2 mile walk to get there from where we parked the truck. As we were hiking in I was telling him the story of the lion Josh posted a few days ago and how quickly it treed, I know my luck wouldn't be like that and we would be doing the death march again.

As we got close to the kill site even my untrained eye could spot the drag marks of the deer and the all at once the dogs went nuts. The lion was still at the site and now treed up in the tree above the deer. I was thinking to myself, now I have got to be the luckiest man on earth right now. Didn't even have to chase at all. It was still a little before daylight so we got a few photos of the lion in the tree.

post-695-1136522198.jpg

After a few waiting minutes they finally had me shoot the lion out of the tree. It took a few minutes to try to position the lion to get a good broadside shoot so the arrow would pass completly thru and 1 shot in the heart at 9 yards, down it came and was mauled by the dogs. Its amazing to see those dogs work they really like to hunt. This was an awesome time.

post-695-1136522627.jpg

WOW! to cool thx for sharing.

BowhuntCoues,

Man what a start to the New Year :lol:

Congrats

bowhuntcoues,

you had the best dry ground houndsman in AZ as a guide.Brian hunts with my brother alot down here in southern AZ and he's got some awesome dogs.congrats on the lion and pig.

Wade

Nice, weekfor you.

Was the lion kill a doe or a nice buck. WT or MD?

Thxs

Dan

WOW you have been busy, I was waiting to see a picture of a huge buck, but that will probally be next week :lol:

Awsome! Now all you need is a nice WT buck to make the week complete!

Congrats on the Javie and lion.

Bret

It seems to be hard enough to kill a lion with a rifle but to get one with with a bow is quite a score congradulations.

Great stuff Carl. Now get back to work. You know how mean your Boss can get when you are playing and not working. Oh I remember your work is always out were you play as well.

Congrats on the lion.

bowhuntcoues,

you had the best dry ground houndsman in AZ as a guide.Brian hunts with my brother alot down here in southern AZ and he's got some awesome dogs.congrats on the lion and pig.

Wade

To all, thanks for the nice comments. You are right Wade, Brian does a great job and has some awesome dogs.

Dan, the deer was a mule buck, spike one side fork on the other. And Jade the boss chewed on me a little for gettin' home too late and spending to much money. Oh well thats huntin'. :) :D :D :D

Congrats on the kills, i like weeks like that oh wait i havent had any yet

Oh man that is a freakin nice lion for sure!!! Way to go man and thanks for sharing. Some pretty hounds that guy has! Glad some of our luck rubbed your way. Must have been the comment you had just made to your friend before you got to the kill that made it all work! LOL! Great picture of your cat in the tree too!