Sign in to follow this  
creed_az_88

Hows the rut doing

Is it me or has the rut been a little slower this year compared to last year. I've been hunitng unit 29 the last two years and the deer here were rutting very hard. I've seen the same amount of deer but most of the bucks I've seen have been alone. I haven't seen near the amount of scrapes and rubs that I did last year. I was just wondering how you guys felt.

creed

from what I've seen this year in 22/23 it has not been as intense as compared to 2 years ago. last year I was cut off from alot of my usual spots due to the rain. I'll be out this week and let everyone know what I see.

but last week it was not in high gear at all. bucks were with does but just following not really chasing and harrasing.

When you are having a terrible drought like were having this winter, you are never going to have a strong rut. Deer are smart enough to not put out a bunch of young. If they did.then they would all die of hunger and disease.

Noel

Ruttin pretty hard this weekend in 33. The rut has been pretty slow this year but it is definitely picking up. Started seeing some signs of the rut around the middle of december and then it started to pick up around the end of the month. Been mediocre since the new year. Last year they were going absolutley nuts the whole month of January.

I have seen some sign's of the rut in the phx. area. :( Buck's have the thick neck and are roming looking for doe's. I think it my not start here in the valley until the end of the month or the first of of Feb.

This is just my opinion of what i have seen. :unsure:

Indio

Full blown rut today in 33, all does had bucks with them, all little bucks were by themselves. No chance with the dry conditions is sounds like I am walking on broken sticks all day. I may as well have a bull horn today announcing were I was.

It is so dry, we need some rain.

Redman