Sign in to follow this  
cahillclan5

Three first time youth rifle tags to fill

I just wanted to take a minute to say how excited I am to be able hunt with my two sons and niece on there first rifle hunt in Oct. We are all set up for some long range shootin and have ten days in the woods to get it done I don't think it could get any better and GOOD luck to all

Best of luck to the kids and have fun.

Between the campfires at night, sleeping in bags, and seeing cool stuff in the woods, it's hard to top the experience when being a kid.

I am going to be taking my nephew out this year for his first hunt! I cant wait

I just wanted to take a minute to say how excited I am to be able hunt with my two sons and niece on there first rifle hunt in Oct. We are all set up for some long range shootin and have ten days in the woods to get it done I don't think it could get any better and GOOD luck to all

We have had to take a few LR shots with kids... but it is far more fun to teach them to hunt. ;) Good luck and hope you all have lots of success!

Good luck I hope the youngsters have a good time and tag out

The pic on my avatar is my nephews first big game trophy I was very happy to help him take it

Last year we did not have the right tools and my son missed some long shots this year we are ready with the right equepment he has been puttin the smack down on prairy dogs at over 400yards

We have had to take a few LR shots with kids... but it is far more fun to teach them to hunt. ;) Good luck and hope you all have lots of success!

Thats funny right there!

There's nothing more enjoyable than taking out the young ones on their first hunts. Remember to keep it fun and simple. Hopefully you will not need the long range shooting to start their hunts out. I personally don't feel this is the way to start out a new hunter. Try to concentrate them on how to get closer even if it means not getting the animal. This is going to be an experience of a lifetime so I would stick to the basics of hunting for their first time out. Have fun and I wish them luck in their success. Keep us posted with some pictures. :)

TJ

Thanks for all the replys I agree with teaching them to hunt and and getting as close as posible and on that same note its nice to have practice taking long shots with all three kids just in case we need to make one.This is two of thems first rifle hunt but have been on seveal bow and all three have killed small game with there bows GOOD LUCK to all and hopefuly we will have. Storys and pic to come