Sign in to follow this  
Heat

2010 Mounts - Pronghorn and Sheep

Hi folks,

Some of you may recall that I was inquiring last year about good taxidermists here in Arizona. I had some great hunts last year and was fortunate to harvest a pronghorn buck and a desert bighorn sheep. I knew before that if I got a nice representative of the species that I would mount the heads. Well lucky enough I did OK and got them both done. I checked into a few of the taxidermists mentioned here on the site in my thread and ended up going with Jim Hartsock from Southwest Wildlife in Scottsdale. I couldn't have asked for a better taxidermist. Not only is Jim an AWESOME taxidermist, he's a great guy to work with and has the customer service, business, and artistic skills to produce excellent mounts in a reasonable amount of time and make the experience one that I would recommend him to anyone. Jim really did exceed all of my expectations.

Here are a few pics of the mounts on my wall. Believe me, they look even better in person than in these photos. I hope you enjoy! Thanks for letting me share.

Nick

post-2759-0-76989200-1315412327_thumb.jpg

post-2759-0-04786000-1315412366_thumb.jpg

post-2759-0-65932100-1315412388_thumb.jpg

post-2759-0-77754700-1315412399_thumb.jpg

post-2759-0-83900300-1315412423_thumb.jpg

post-2759-0-79144000-1315412447_thumb.jpg

Great looking mounts. I'd say 2010 was a good year.

I shot a 'lope with a doinked up ear like that once and couldn't decide whether to have it mounted that way or straight. Ended up straight, but kind of wish I would have done it as it was.

I am a taxidermist and know Jim hartsock personally. He has given my pointers and taught me some things over the years. He is a great guy and one of the best taxidermists we have in this state. Those are great looking mounts and congrats!

Congrats Nick that is a great looking set of mounts. Congrats on a great year and some great animals.