Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

RON WHITE MOTION

RON WHITE VOTE  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of the RON WHITE Motion

• Yea
    • Nay

Our esteemed colleague .270 (Lark) has in an otherwise useless thread made the RON WHITE Motion and said Motion has been seconded. This poll will serve as the formal vote on that motion. A two-thirds majority is required for the passing of the Motion. If passed it will be forwarded to Amanda for signature. Assuming she does not elect to use her VETO powers to reject the passed motion, all useless threads and otherwise unwinable arguments can be ended by declaring to the threads originator "RON WHITE"

Hopefully freedom will ring and the Motion will pass.

Thank you.

I voted Nay. to many opinions and people involved for what it sounds like to me just a single RON WHITE declaration ends a thread. besides the useless unwinable threads are often the most entertaining. Maybe I am a little strange but I as I think do others sort of revel in other peoples misery. :lol:

Hey take this poll down. I hearby declare you "RON WHITE" or Tater Tot of somthin' like that. See what I mean?

• Like 1

no,don't end the thread. you just win that particular argument. you can always start another argument. i didn't splain myself gooder enough. Lark.

I love it. I've used it and seen it used. Ought to be close to a done deal by now right???

I voted Nay. to many opinions and people involved for what it sounds like to me just a single RON WHITE declaration ends a thread. besides the useless unwinable threads are often the most entertaining. Maybe I am a little strange but I as I think do others sort of revel in other peoples misery. :lol:

Hey take this poll down. I hearby declare you "RON WHITE" or Tater Tot of somthin' like that. See what I mean?

+ 1 Nay,

Yep to many opinions floatin around to be a fair deal . Couple of nimrods could put the Kueeeeerbunk to an informitive or entertaining thread just cause they get their pantys in a bunch over it .

Maybe 10 "Ron White Declarations" by different folks would be more acceptable ! :P

Signed ,

Ron White ! (AKA: Tater Tot)

nimrods? wasn't nimrod a mighty hunter? Lark.

Good catch Lark ! :rolleyes:

Ya" made me Google it up & bring Bugs Bunny into it! :o

-------------------------------------

1. A mighty hunter. Now chiefly used in this sense outside the United States.

2. A slow-witted person.

Nimrod was the Biblical founder of Babylon, also considered a mighty hunter. Contrary to the uneducated twits on here, Nimrod did NOT build the tower of Babel (at least the Bible does not claim this, only that the "men of Babylon" tried to build it), and the Bible does NOT claim he tried to kill God.

The Bible ONLY mentions that Nimrod was a son of Cush, the founder of Babylon, and a mighty hunter. Curiously enough, Dictionary.com attests definition 2 to have derived from a Looney Toons episode, wherein Bugs Bunny mocks his adversary, the hunter Elmer Fudd, calling him a "poor little Nimrod". Warner Brothers' Looney Toons cartoons were not written for children, but for literate adults, and often contained literary references children would not understand. Younger generations, mostly illiterate, and having little or no Bible knowledge not gleaned from their moronic parents and half-wit talk radio hosts, probably misunderstood the comment as being a general insult describing the slow-witted Fudd.

Probably from the phrase poor little Nimrod, used by the cartoon character Bugs Bunny to mock the hapless hunter Elmer Fudd.

nimrods? wasn't nimrod a mighty hunter? Lark.

Good catch Lark ! :rolleyes:

Ya" made me Google it up & bring Bugs Bunny into it! :o

-------------------------------------

1. A mighty hunter. Now chiefly used in this sense outside the United States.

2. A slow-witted person.

Nimrod was the Biblical founder of Babylon, also considered a mighty hunter. Contrary to the uneducated twits on here, Nimrod did NOT build the tower of Babel (at least the Bible does not claim this, only that the "men of Babylon" tried to build it), and the Bible does NOT claim he tried to kill God.

The Bible ONLY mentions that Nimrod was a son of Cush, the founder of Babylon, and a mighty hunter. Curiously enough, Dictionary.com attests definition 2 to have derived from a Looney Toons episode, wherein Bugs Bunny mocks his adversary, the hunter Elmer Fudd, calling him a "poor little Nimrod". Warner Brothers' Looney Toons cartoons were not written for children, but for literate adults, and often contained literary references children would not understand. Younger generations, mostly illiterate, and having little or no Bible knowledge not gleaned from their moronic parents and half-wit talk radio hosts, probably misunderstood the comment as being a general insult describing the slow-witted Fudd.

Probably from the phrase “poor little Nimrod,” used by the cartoon character Bugs Bunny to mock the hapless hunter Elmer Fudd.

I knew Nimrod was a hunter and I wondered how it came to mean "slow witted" . So , it was Bugs that gave it that meaning ; actually , I should of known that since bugs was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid .

You could have called 'em maroons .

That might fit !

maroon

A term of derision often uttered by Bugs Bunny when referring to an interaction with a dopey adversary. It is a mispronunciation of the word "Moron"

"What a Maroon!" "Will ya get a load of this maroon"

"Don't be a Maroon, Get yer head out of the sand and vote NO on the Ron White inititive !" (Bear402)

--------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know where I can get a hat or T shirt that says " I'm a Nimrod " -or- just " Nimrod "

I want one ! :lol:

Our esteemed colleague .270 (Lark) has in an otherwise useless thread made the RON WHITE Motion and said Motion has been seconded. This poll will serve as the formal vote on that motion. A two-thirds majority is required for the passing of the Motion. If passed it will be forwarded to Amanda for signature. Assuming she does not elect to use her VETO powers to reject the passed motion, all useless threads and otherwise unwinable arguments can be ended by declaring to the threads originator "RON WHITE"

Hopefully freedom will ring and the Motion will pass.

Thank you.

That's funny as heck!! You guys crack me up...

Will someone explain why the name Ron White was chosen? When you reach three-quarters of a century in age as I will this week, you'll understand why such things can be tough to understand.

Bill Quimby

Will someone explain why the name Ron White was chosen? When you reach three-quarters of a century in age as I will this week, you'll understand why such things can be tough to understand.

Bill Quimby

Ron White, a comedian made famouns from the Blue Colar tour, had a bit about being on the high school debate team. He said he got kicked off the team beacuse when his opponent made a good point his response was " Well.... F you!"