Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Does anyone know what this Bug is???

While breaking camp the other day this bug was walking along by the truck! Looked pretty creepy, kinda like a huge ant. He was freaking huge, about the size of a silver dollar. It also has teath that would due some damage if bitten by him.

post-2686-0-67873800-1319769931_thumb.jpg

Also found this Scropion crawling around in our tent when cleaning it out, type anyone?

post-2686-0-26537500-1319769850_thumb.jpg

No idea what that first thing is - wow, I thought I had seen all the bugs out there. The second one is definately not a bark scorpion. The claws and tail are too fat. I've found that the more slender they are, the more poisonous.

The scorpion is probably a small desert hairy. Usually the are real big. The other bug is not one that I have seen before but possibly a jerusulum cricket.

Briant-az is right I googled the jerusulum cricket and that is what it is!!!! Freaking ulgy!!!

Thats what we call a potatoe bug. Not real sure the correct name. But about 35 years ago I ate one when I was about 4 or 5.I still remember my brothers making a big deal outa it.

Pretty sure we called that first one "child of the earth" or something like that when I was younger...its a Jerusalem Cricket. That scorpion is needs to be called a "flat backed" scorpion after its stepped on....I HATE THOSE THINGS!

• Like 1

definitely a jerusulum cricket, we saw the same thing in unit 33 last week. Not your everyday cricket though.

We called them child of the earth also. I thought vinegaroons where the wip tailed scorpions that smelled like vinegar.

Pretty sure we called that first one "child of the earth" or something like that when I was younger...its a Jerusalem Cricket. That scorpion is needs to be called a "flat backed" scorpion after its stepped on....I HATE THOSE THINGS!

Then you better not start turning over rocks near your camp at night and shining a blacklight on the ground, you'll quickly discover dozens in just a few hundred yards of gorund!!! Kinda cool how they grow a very noticable green color.