Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Another coues deer down

post-5098-0-08810300-1320700046_thumb.jpgpost-5098-0-91011800-1320700212_thumb.jpgPut down another buck but this time with my rifle and not my bow. Missed the season opener due to work and had to wait for my buddies to get off. We got into camp friday evening and set everything up and cracked open a beer and enjoyed some talk around the fire. After we had a few and the fire was going out we decided to call it a night. Little did we know it was going to be a long night. Woke up to the wind blowing like crazy and there was a few inches of snow on the tent which made it colapse on to me. Had to get up and shake the tent off and man was it cold with that wind blowing. It continued to snow and was very windy all night. Woke up to the wind still blowing in the morning and very cold so we decided to stay at camp a little longer. At around 0630 the wind died down and we decided to head out. After our long quad ride to are area thru some snow we finally are to our spot were we need to hike in. We hiked in to our glassing spot and the fun began. Right away we started seeing deer which stood out due to all the snow on the ground. About twenty minutes later my cousin spots a good buck and I decided to put a stock on him. hour later and a good hike to him i found him at 250yards and I decide to take the shot . Bam deer down double lung and he gave me one bIg kick and rolled down the hill. Then the fun began took us the rest of the day to gut and cape him and get it ready to pack out. Have to thank my cousin Shawn for spotting deer and my buddy Crosby for all his help getting the deer out

Very nice! Congratulations. They always say that the work begins after the shot. That is always correct on Coues deer.

Congrats on getting your buck! Way to hang in there on a cold hunt and tough pack out!

Nothing better then fresh snow opening days of deer season, reminds me of back east. sucsess rate always increases/w fresh snow. Great deer