Sign in to follow this  
dtower

36 C Mule Deer 11/11/11

Any quick advice for tomorrows hunt ? Are there any 30 " bucks in this area ? Best place to try first light ?

I put in for 36c mule deer last year and vowed to never do it again. I thought if I stayed at the lower elevations I would see mostly mulies. After seeing whitetail after whitetail without a single mulie I finally got fed up and left a day early. They are out there, but I sure didn't have any luck finding them.

It is a hard hunt. But yes there is huge deer. Horseback through the mesquite jungle flats, or tracking right after a rain is the best methods. I think it will rain on Saturday night!!!!!!! Glassing points are few and far between, usually with a crowd.

Any quick advice for tomorrows hunt ? Are there any 30 " bucks in this area ? Best place to try first light ?

You did not like the area I told you?

You did not like the area I told you?

i havent been there yet . But I will this weekend

Well since the general consensus is my deer tag is worthless...any ideas on where to find a mt. lion?

Spent today in 36C helping a buddy. Perfect conditions. Seen deer throughout the day. 26 does. About 8 separate groups in different areas, but nooo bucks. I think if conditions hold. Dedicated hunters will fill their tags. A lot of activity (feeding) in the noon to 2 time period. Full moon behavior?