Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Bino Harnesses

I like the look of that one - especially the range finger mounting. Post an update when you get a chance to use it in the field.

+1 on the nimrod

http://www.nimrodpacks.com/n9.html

Used the same one for 6 years, and love it! I like how the lower straps are elastic, and the uppers are fixed.

I like the look of that one - especially the range finger mounting. Post an update when you get a chance to use it in the field.

Coach, Will do. I also intend to do a review of the Horn Hunter Full Curl System backpack I picked up at Cabela's Bargain Cave. My next hunt is CWT late November, so hopefully have put both through their trials by early December.

Lee

The FHF one looks good, is it as comfortable as the crooked horn set up? Is it light, looks pretty heavy duty? Last questions, could you mod this one to work with the crooked horn?

Thanks for the feedback!

I won't do a full fledge review of the FHF Gear Bino Harness, but I'm liking it. It is a little more compact than the badlands bino harness, although I think the badlands bino harness is probably offers more weather protection. Biggest problem with the badlands one is if I had the flap open and bent over too far, my binos would slide out and the elastic straps on the badlands bino harness would let my binos smack the ground. I didn't like that...

I don't like the traditional crooked horn straps because of the tension that you fight when you lift the binos up to your eyes. Especially if windy, those straps shudder in the wind and I can't hold my binos still. The straps always seemed to loosen up throughout the day also.

The FHF Gear bino system is pretty heavy duty. Mine is built out of cordura nylon in multicam pattern, and is upsized a bit for my 8x42 geovids. It is kind of loud when scraping against vegatation. I noticed that during archery deer when crawling in on a buck and I could hear every week scratching against it. Not too much of a problem unless under 60 yards, I'd guess... Went back to my 'customized harness' for my archery elk hunt.

The harness on the FHF gear bino system doesn't contain any elastic, but is very comfortable, even under a pack. Here are some pictures.

bino%252520harness1.jpg

bino%252520harness3.jpg

bino%252520harness4.jpg

(pictures taken by WOODSAZ)

Thanks,

Ron

I usually have my 10x50 binos in my pack because I get sick of them bouncing off my chest. Do you guys wearing the Nimrod comfortably wear that under a pack? It seems a little claustrophobic to me.

I usually have my 10x50 binos in my pack because I get sick of them bouncing off my chest. Do you guys wearing the Nimrod comfortably wear that under a pack? It seems a little claustrophobic to me.

Mine fits pretty well, but I think my Dad has troubles with his at times. May just depend on body type.

I put split rings on my 8x32's and rangefinder, come time for a stalk I unclip the right side of the harness from the bino and put the range finder there, this allows them both to hang right under my armpits but be quickly accessible. I like the 8's around my neck for 400 yd or closer viewing and pull out the 15's for long stuff.

If you don't like having to adjust the suspender harness length just set it up how you like it and sew a couple of stitches.

The FHF one looks good, is it as comfortable as the crooked horn set up? Is it light, looks pretty heavy duty? Last questions, could you mod this one to work with the crooked horn?

Thanks for the feedback!

I won't do a full fledge review of the FHF Gear Bino Harness, but I'm liking it. It is a little more compact than the badlands bino harness, although I think the badlands bino harness is probably offers more weather protection. Biggest problem with the badlands one is if I had the flap open and bent over too far, my binos would slide out and the elastic straps on the badlands bino harness would let my binos smack the ground. I didn't like that...

I don't like the traditional crooked horn straps because of the tension that you fight when you lift the binos up to your eyes. Especially if windy, those straps shudder in the wind and I can't hold my binos still. The straps always seemed to loosen up throughout the day also.

The FHF Gear bino system is pretty heavy duty. Mine is built out of cordura nylon in multicam pattern, and is upsized a bit for my 8x42 geovids. It is kind of loud when scraping against vegatation. I noticed that during archery deer when crawling in on a buck and I could hear every week scratching against it. Not too much of a problem unless under 60 yards, I'd guess... Went back to my 'customized harness' for my archery elk hunt.

The harness on the FHF gear bino system doesn't contain any elastic, but is very comfortable, even under a pack. Here are some pictures.

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks Ron! I am liking the looks of that.

Oh by the way great looking Kuiu jacket you have, love my Kuiu gear!

I got the Badlands Bino harness. Took it on the Antelope hunt this year. 10x42 SLCs hung on it. NOT a fan. No better than the crooked horn and it's heavier. Thinking of trying the Nimrod after I sell the badlands.