Sign in to follow this  
galiuro mountain man

havent been on in a while

I havent been able to post anything in a while, been busy, but here is my archery javelina I got the last day of season. I was about to give up after a whole month of hunting and not finding any javies. The last day I ended up hitting this big boar at 6yds with my Outback. The hunt was kind of wierd, we found lots of them before season, and this was the only shot I had on a pig this year. I saw lots of small bucks and one mulie my hunting partner and I call Buckzilla, we hunted him about half the month, but I never got any pics of him, but August will come soon enough. Rough estemation puts the buck over 200", somewhere.

But here is the pig, he was all alone and field dressed over 55 lbs. (all my scale went to).

post-152-1140587193.jpg

Nice hog galiuro man congrads.

I thought I shot mine from the smallest herd this year. I shot one from a herd of 2. They are tough to find when they are scattered out like that.

I parked at the corral, and I told my wife I was coming home at noon that day. I was walking back into the corral and noticed the cattle around it werent paying any attention to me, then I saw him walking down a trail from the corral. So I nocked an arrow and got on the trail he was on and waited for him to make it the 100 or so yards to me. He went and got his drink, and when he was 5 or 6 yards I decided it was close enough for me. After hitting him he ran about 5 more yards and fell over. I spend about 15 minutes removing my broadhead from a railroad tie used for the corner of the fence he was by and it was done. I was really impressed with my montec bh, it went through the pig, through a strand of barbed wire attached to the tie, and burried about 1 1/2" into the tie, and it was still sharp, only needed a touch up on the stone and back in the package it went.

GMM

Oh, I knew he was huge when I went to pack him out, went to move him to my truck, only 100 yds away, I picked him up by the back legs, and lifted its legs to almost shoulder high, and realized I would drag his nose off if I carried him this way, it was still touching the ground. I thought he was average till then, because I am 6'2" tall. He had long but worn tusks, they were almost poking through his snout on top, there were calluses where they almost poked through.

thats the way to do it! shoot em 100 yards from the truck! that sur elooks like a big pig! you gonna get him mounted or just european mount the skull?

Way to hang in there and keep at it! What unit did you pick up this prize at?

KP

Guest Ernesto C

Good job man,congratulations.................full body or shoulder mount?

Ernesto C