Sign in to follow this  
dds

Another CouesWhitetail Meeting

Well, I was waiting patiently for my new camera to arrive via UPS this morning. I checked the tracking page every hour, and then my wife called to let me know that we had missed the delivery (no one home to sign). I hurried home to get the slipped left at the door and drove around my neighborhood franticly looking for the UPS truck.

I had just given up and was pulling in to park when I saw the driver. I flagged him down so I could get my package. While he was pulling the box out he said something about "the Dentist," which confused me because even though that is my nickname nothing about this package would have led him to know that.

I asked the driver what he was referring to and he stated that there was this guy on CouesWhitetail with the same name that went by DDS. Amazed, I answered, "that's me!" As it turns out the driver was Wade, or WKLMAN, also a CouesWhitetail member! I was excited to have met someone from CW again.

Thanks Amanda for this community!

Anyway, small world, all revolving around CouesWhitetail.

That's great DDS!

I had a similar encounter with a dentist the other day while at a taxidermy shop in Tucson. The taxidermist introduced me to a customer who came in to talk about some work being done for him. The customer did a doubletake and asked for my name again. When I told him who I was he gave me a big smile and hug and said he had been wanting to meet me for awhile. He is a big fan of Coues deer and happens to be my Dad's dentist. He invited me over to see some taxidermy mounts at his house, which I couldn't do at the time, but I hope to do some day.

Anyway, the community of people created by this site is one of the things I enjoy most about it. Thanks for sharing your encounter!

Amanda

hey Darren,

it was great meeting you today. your the first member I've met since joining up last year.thats the one good thing about my job.I get to meet alot of interesting people out there when i'm delivering.I've met Kirk Kelso and have gotten to know Dan King and his wife as well while out on different routes. :D

WKLMAN,

Likewise, great to meet you!

ive had the oppurtunity to meet quite a few people on here and all of them have been outstanding!

RedRabbit, Doug and i have been hunting quite a few times together and have shot more than i can count! he has tought me more about reloading and shooting than i ever thought i would know!

Scottyboy: Scott and i have been bird hunting quite a few times together. we always have a blast and find some birds! he took my on my first mearns hunt! he has a pair of awesome dogs!

dds: i met darren at the RMEF in tucson a few years ago. great man.

Couesstalker: Albert doesnt post much but how him and i met is kinda funny. we were sittin around my camp and i asked him if he was a member here and he said yes. i told him my handle and he immediately knew who i was. him and i have been on a few deer hunts, pig hunts and an elk hunt.

m1280 and younghunter: met them both at the "supposed" meeting this past october, good bunch of guys.

Tucson John: sold him my Alpens

John in Tucson: sold a tripod to him

Lots of great folks here! Seems like too many to remember.... I've met:

azpackhorse - Youth Camp & 36 clean-up.

younghunter - Youth Camp.

redrabbit - ADA Clinic & other times.

scottyboy - ADA Clinic & misc. times in the field while he was working and I was hunting.

mon - Youth Camp

az4life - ADA Board Meeting

josh - Boquillas Clean-up

azhunterswhocare - 36 Clean-up

azyoung (almost) - Youth Camp (still working on the magazine for Riley, Jeff....)

coueshunter - ADA, dove hunting, etc.

Amanda - ADA, clean-ups, youth camps, etc.

All of the folks I've met have been at functions & such, as opposed to just a chance run-in.

Apologies for and aquaintences I have made, but didn't mention here. :)

S.

Stanley

azpackhorse

m1280

firstcoueswas80

elkhunter (even though he doesnt come on to often)

scottyboy (we need to hook up and do some training or something this summer)