Viper

Recipe for wild turkey?

I know wild turkey doesn't turn out well when prepared like a traditional store bought one. Any good recipes would be appreciated. Thanks.

Actually we do our wild turkeys pretty much the same way we do regular ones and they turn out great! My husband smokes them with apple wood on the grill....YUM!! If you are good at grilling poultry, you might want to do it that way. You just have to be careful controlling the heat.

We have also brined a wild turkey once before grilling it. I can't say I noticed any difference, but it's supposed to make it more juicy and add different flavors (if you spice up the brine). Search the internet for all kinds of brine recipes.

Fill your glass up with ice, then fill it to the top with Wild Turkey. Let the ice melt a bit, sip, and enjoy. At least that's how I like my Wild Turkey. :)

The last 2 I have done in a bag with olive oil, onion and garlic salt. My whole family enjoyed it even my mom and she don't eat wild game. don't over cook it.

I deep fried my wild turkey and it turned out well. The breast and leg meat cook at different times, so next time I think I'll remove the legs and cook them separately or grind up the meat and make burgers.

KP

whoever told you wild turkey doesn't cook up good, ain't gotta clue. they are so much better than a butterball that it ain't funny. but you hafta pluck em. if you skin one, they ain't all that good. there are ways to fix a skunt one, but they ain't as good. the trick is to pluck it as soon as you kill it. feathers come out quite easy. if you pack it back to show it off, the feathers sieze up and are real hard to pluck. and when i say as soon as you kill it, that's what i mean. take a couple photos and go to town. when you cook it, stuff it just like you would one from walmart and cook it up. they are better than excellent. taste a lot like quail. another way we have found that is excellent is to bone it out and cut the meat up into finger size strips, bread it and fry it just like a chicken. you'll fight over it. no, don't put one in a bucket o' peanut oil. fry it like a chicken. it is topshelf. turkeys are just like everything else. well, 'cept'n javelinas. if you take care of em right, they are excellent. if you do skin one (this works real good on honkers too, even if ya pluck em) get a a couple big fat whole chickens and pull the skin off, fat and all, and stretch it over the turkey. cover it up good, then stuff it and bake it. like i said, it works real good on canada honkers too. Lark.

Fill your glass up with ice, then fill it to the top with Wild Turkey. Let the ice melt a bit, sip, and enjoy. At least that's how I like my Wild Turkey. :)

+1. Yep...and that Turkey is darn good.