Buck Smasher

Are You Crazy Enough To Run After A Mt. Lion ;)

I was at a Easter get together and a bobcat attacked one of the kids and I killed it with my pocket knife. Scrappy little boogers.

I was at a Easter get together and a bobcat attacked one of the kids and I killed it with my pocket knife. Scrappy little boogers.

Wow! I'm sorry :/. Did it have rabies?

Two bulls were talking. The younger bull said why dont we RUN over to the cows and kiss one of them? The older and wiser bull said why dont we WALK over there and kiss em all? :rolleyes:

Two bulls were talking. The younger bull said why dont we RUN over to the cows and kiss one of them? The older and wiser bull said why dont we WALK over there and kiss em all? :rolleyes:

Hahaha

I chased down a bear in my underwear while barking... it climbed the tree right next to the truck. This was after I was awoken at 5am to the breathing sound of a bear 10' from my sleeping bag. Need I say, he woke up the wrong dude....

How did that bear get in your underwear? :huh:

Bill Quimby

I chased down a bear in my underwear while barking... it climbed the tree right next to the truck. This was after I was awoken at 5am to the breathing sound of a bear 10' from my sleeping bag. Need I say, he woke up the wrong dude....

Bill Quimby

You obviously have never been to one of our camps...

Bill Quimby

post-67-0-75588500-1323481352_thumb.gif

Archery spring bear, checkn a cam and my brother in law says theres 2 bears. i missed, 1 went 1 way the other went the other way. My buddy chewn on jerky and drinkn beer says lets go get him. so we take off chasin him, i run with the bigger bear all the way over a ridge and then here a crash next to me. thinkn it was my buddy, i look over and the other bear was running alongside me at 15yrds. At me or with me, i dont know. What i do know is after dumping a quiver of arrows in her, its not very comforting hearing her man bout 100yrds away chucking boulders down the hill mad as h*ll. I pulled my .22 ruger out, relized it felt like i was holding a dart gun, and ran to go get back-up. That bear was F-ING angry! - it was on fathers day in june, during mating season. might explain the tension?

YUP....few yrs ago jumped a lion on a rocky ridge top.. at first I slowly backed away about 100yds...but then I got my Bowie out and went back to the spot...he had left...probly a good thing for me, and him...I don't think either of us was in a good mood!

Bill Quimby

:lol: :lol:

I was calling bears on a hunt a few years back, and I kept feeling like something was watching me. Stupid me I was solo, ground calling for bears in thick timber. New to hunting bears I now know that I had no idea of what I was doing, still don't I feel. But anyway, after about 45 minutes of calling I still felt that something was watching me, and then I caught a glimpse of it on my right about 60yds out. Then I saw it on my left, then it was at about 40 yds and I saw it was a dog so I figured yote, then I realized how big this dog was and how it had the tell tale diamond head. It was one of our prized grey wolfs. I watched it for a while. But then realized that it was looking for a dying fawn aka me.. Once I stood up and started getting my stuff together it took off.

Just wondering if any of you out there are crazy? haha Feel free to share any insane stories or crazy things you have done out in the wilderness!! Should be some awesome stories to read.

Well, I was told a story once by an old timer I met up in the superstitions. He was watching a lion stocking a young child who was left alone by the side of the road. Just as the lion leaped on to the youngin he lost sight of them in the brush. After what seemed like forever the lion was hauling a$$ with the little boy close behind. There was alot of blood and he assumed most was from the boy. After a short chase the lion fell dead and the boy, who appeared to be around 5 years of age, took his knive and started skinng the lion. A lttle while later a truck pulls up and the parents get out and started patting the little boy on the back. Later on that day the old timer met up with the family and noticed the 5yr old little boy had a complete beard. It was our own cwt member Lark! Now you know the rest of the story. :lol:

TJ

never had nothin happen to me before. But a friend of mine was fishin on the white mountain Apache rez. he seen a black bear and he threw his fish

to it, but the bear kept on commin. at the time he was a pitcher on his collage baseball team so he pick up a rock and threw it hits the bear right

between the eyes, it stopped the bear long enough for him to clime up a tree.

after that he went and got him a revolver and never went in the wood with out it again

I wanted to see Amanda release that lion!

I did have a "Javi walk within 8 ft of me. I was seated and pouting in the rain. It did one litte woof, walked down the hill and started feeding. I accidentally launched an arrow up into the air trying to clear my sweatshirt out of the way. Really humbling and I never found the arrow and went back 3 times. I did take a pig in the same area days later.