Sign in to follow this  
Kelco

Strings good on Hoyt Carbon Element RKT?

Just got a new Hoyt Carbon Element RKT and I usually change the strings to Winner's Choice. The shop is telling me the strings are very good and not to change them. What do you think?

Factory string from hoyt will be the fuse strings and they are decent. The do have a floating yolk so you will never be able to keep cam lean away completely but they should last you through at least a season.

The serving on the stock strings from my Vectrix crapped out after a few hundred arrows. I just pulled it with the peep & loop in place and stuck it in my case as an emergency string, then put on a new Winner's Choice.

If i were you i would go to Americas Best string...they have worked better for me than Winners Choice. I dont shoot a hoyt, I shoot an X-Force. but the string has been great.

Mark

I had problems w/ the factory FUSE strings, They streched, they were the fuzziest strings ive ever shot, and i hated the floating yoke. this was after 1000 arrows or so. I replaced them w/ Winners choice and as usual... no problems.

Another problem I often encounter: Factory strings are often only 14-16 strands, they do this to boost performance (speed), however this does nothing for longevity or consistancy. Whereas a quality after market strings can be ordered in whatever configuration you want. I tend to like 22 for hunting and 28 strands on target bows. you can even specify color, and material type. 452X is super low/no stretch, 8125 may move some at first but settles after 200-300 shots and stays consistant and is slightly higher performing material speed wise. Another point to talk over with your custom string maker along with strand count is serving size to ensure proper nock fit.

The Hoyt / Fuse Strings have greatly improved since their introduction . The first ones were junk as they stretched terrribly and the servings would not stay put.

The current string and cable set that came on your Element is of good quality and construction. Hoyt has done away with the "floating yoke" on the bows with the in line roller guard including the Element. Cam lean is adjustable as neccessary.

As with any new string / cable set , you should shoot em' in 2 or 3 hundred shots and then finalize the adjustments for bow timing and cam lean if neccessary . Once everything is set properly , mark your cams next to the limbs for a timing reference. If any thing should move due to string or cable stretch, it will show up easily at your reference marks.

I personally would keep the Hoyt factory strings on the bow until they wear out . IMO ,there is nothing wrong with them. With proper maintenance, they should last you a year or two depending on how much you shoot and how much catclaw you drag your bow through. ;)

I have the same bow and have always ordered winner's choice immediately. I have 700 shots through the bow and have not experienced any issues yet. I wouldn't worry about the string until you start seeing some issues. I have my winner's choice ready to replace this one when time comes, but if I can get through a year with this string I'll be content.

The Hoyt / Fuse Strings have greatly improved since their introduction . The first ones were junk as they stretched terrribly and the servings would not stay put.

The current string and cable set that came on your Element is of good quality and construction. Hoyt has done away with the "floating yoke" on the bows with the in line roller guard including the Element. Cam lean is adjustable as neccessary.

As with any new string / cable set , you should shoot em' in 2 or 3 hundred shots and then finalize the adjustments for bow timing and cam lean if neccessary . Once everything is set properly , mark your cams next to the limbs for a timing reference. If any thing should move due to string or cable stretch, it will show up easily at your reference marks.

I personally would keep the Hoyt factory strings on the bow until they wear out . IMO ,there is nothing wrong with them. With proper maintenance, they should last you a year or two depending on how much you shoot and how much catclaw you drag your bow through. ;)

You are correct on the new strings on the hoyts not having the floating yoke now. That was my bad on the misinformation

Factory string from hoyt will be the fuse strings and they are decent. The do have a floating yolk so you will never be able to keep cam lean away completely but they should last you through at least a season.

I think hoyt has done away with the floating yokes and gone to a static yoke.

I would go with a custom string builder and not winners choice. You can get same quality set with warranties from alomost half the price. Whatever material you want and Halo serving.