Just so some of you know who this "Dogman" is, this picture might give you a hint.

IMG_3869.jpg

This lion is a young tom, probably less than 2 years old I'd guess, notice the faint stripes.

Here's another

IMG_4076.jpg

OH I see he is the lion that is in your photos. :blink: I figured he was someone that knew one or two things about lions.

Josh, That dogman guy sure looks like your pappy... :blink: I sure feel like a jack butt, I kinda thought dogman was twistin the story around and saying that Casey shot two lions...OOPS my bad ;) My mistake I thought he was just another anti ;)Glad I was way wrong.

25-06, Hey man don't feel bad, it's easy to misinterpret what someone is saying by reading text. It's hard to tell emotion I understand. My Dad's comments were honestly sincere though. Pretty cool of you to man-up and apologize though, says a lot about you, thanks.

Sure am not an anti. lol I didn't mean to say that casey shot two lions. I don't believe I said that. Anyway, I was referring to the pic of the two lions on the tailgate.

I was congratulating Casey, not knocking him and merely saying that there is a lot of misunderstanding about lions that we all share in.

To age a lion that young, the report will probably come back merely as "Juvinile". If you look at a tooth chart used in aging, you will see what I mean.

Yes, sometimes "adult" lions have the striping but it looks different. I guess if you consider a lion an adult at two years old then yes, adult lions often have the stripes.

Generally, they lose or the stripes began to fade at around 20 months or so.

It doesn't matter to me personally how big or how old Casey's lion is. Congrats Casey.

Yep, I was kinda chuckling all along during this post, knowing who "Dogman" is. It is sometimes difficult to write or read what is truly meant in a post due to lack of verbal inflection or precise wording.

RR

p.s. dogman, i run into that kid o' your's over in globe the other day. he said he was brains o' the the dog runnin' deal and that you was just hired help. :o Lark.

p.s. dogman, i run into that kid o' your's over in globe the other day.? he said he was brains o' the? the dog runnin' deal and that you was just hired help.?  :o Lark.

Yes Lark. Anyone that knows me knows someone else HAS to be the brains!

Watch him, he is a shifty character.

Here is Dogman in true form

DSC07667.jpg

i knew it, out runnin' cats in the snow.  i could catch lions in the snow with cheewawa dogs.  Lark.

You are right. It sucks. Should be outlawed. You can catch a lion in the snow with a sorry hound no doubt. I agree 270