cmc

HB 2072 Sale of big game tags

Toby - are you new here - nope...

guess you don't know azcouesandelk ...I have had a few online discussions with him

I'm sure he is an excellent outfitter/ guide! just my .02

He can guide for me anytime if he'll settle for less than the money a high dollar client pays.

I'd go hunting with him anyday! Anybody that supports this bill is not someone i want to hunt with.

I would of hoped to see his boss give his opinion on this bill and possibly some other big names that take out $tags. I know how the average guide like TLH feel about this bill as do all the rest of us.

• Like 1

I read Weiers statement today about 2072. It is worse than I thought,

He is basically saying that the Bill was great and would have done great things (for SFW)

But because he values our unity so much he is going to pull it.

Really Jerry? Can you spell ARROGANT POLITICIAN!

Since when do you and Gilstrap know more about what is good for hunting than us, the dept and the commission?

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but after reading that it is obvious he is clueless

and needs to choose his friends better.

We need a change at the legislature.

• Like 2

What does Weires not understand about the strong no tags statement the sportsman and the Commission sent to him?????? The way I read this statement from him I believe we will be seeing a new version of 2072 soon. I also believe he and Suzanne have a damage control plan to try and minimize the political damage they both have self inflicted themselves during this attempted hijacking of these tags! She will meet with a FEW of the critter group representatives she knows are her supporters and then tell Weires that the sportsman support whatever she says! She has done it before and certainly will do it again!! I believe now is the time for all sportsman to have their groups follow the lead of Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club and no longer be an affiliate of Arizona Sportsman for Wildlife or any other organization that Gilstrap has anything to do with! People on this website I believe have given Weires a little respect as to his future in Arizona politics but he needs to give us respect for our strong about no hijacking of these tags. If he wants to continue with this when he received such an overwhelming no then someone needs to tell him his political future will be in jeopardy !!!! BPJ had posted last Thursday about noon that Weires had pulled the bill and that AZGFD had been notified that 2072 was dead!!! People this was a total lie, I talked to folks yesterday (Jan 17) in the morning and they still at that time had received NO notice of what Weires intent was for 2072!!!!! It is clear to me that BPJ is only the mouthpiece for Suzanne and Weires since his post calmed us all down for a bit and gave Suzanne and Weires time to start damage control. with the statement we saw earlier from Weires we now see their plan restarting. Now is the time to encourage all affiliates to resign their organizations from Suzanne and to respectfully let Weires know he needs to focus his attention to other polical matters that are important to all Arizonans !

SFW in AZ hasn't pulled any of the Utah tricks? Are you kidding? This tag grab was the dirtiest trick they could ever pull on family hunters in this state. Weiers sends out the same letter another co-conspirator sent out and we are supposed to think Gilstrap didn't write the spin? I am talking to as many people in his district that I can and so far every one said they voted for him but would vote against him in the next election. I will write to everyone I can and remind them next election. Once you compromise your office and ethics you can never be trusted.

What does Weires not understand about the strong no tags statement the sportsman and the Commission sent to him?????? The way I read this statement from him I believe we will be seeing a new version of 2072 soon. I also believe he and Suzanne have a damage control plan to try and minimize the political damage they both have self inflicted themselves during this attempted hijacking of these tags! She will meet with a FEW of the critter group representatives she knows are her supporters and then tell Weires that the sportsman support whatever she says! She has done it before and certainly will do it again!! I believe now is the time for all sportsman to have their groups follow the lead of Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club and no longer be an affiliate of Arizona Sportsman for Wildlife or any other organization that Gilstrap has anything to do with! People on this website I believe have given Weires a little respect as to his future in Arizona politics but he needs to give us respect for our strong about no hijacking of these tags. If he wants to continue with this when he received such an overwhelming no then someone needs to tell him his political future will be in jeopardy !!!! BPJ had posted last Thursday about noon that Weires had pulled the bill and that AZGFD had been notified that 2072 was dead!!! People this was a total lie, I talked to folks yesterday (Jan 17) in the morning and they still at that time had received NO notice of what Weires intent was for 2072!!!!! It is clear to me that BPJ is only the mouthpiece for Suzanne and Weires since his post calmed us all down for a bit and gave Suzanne and Weires time to start damage control. with the statement we saw earlier from Weires we now see their plan restarting. Now is the time to encourage all affiliates to resign their organizations from Suzanne and to respectfully let Weires know he needs to focus his attention to other polical matters that are important to all Arizonans !

Hello Comm1... Are you not a former commissioner?... I have stated that HB2072 is dead. The Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club lead????? Smells a lot like politics here. I have protected some folks here but it appears that being courteous is not a good thing. The AZSFW has been blasted here because of Prop 109 which was a failure here. Who came to the AZSFW and BEGGED for the AZSFW support?... George Reiners, of the Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club. I was present where he came in and asked that this "vital" piece of legislation be passed and that the NRA was doing a horrible job and would the ASZFW please help... You are not being honest here Comm1... Rep Weiers posted his statement and that in political speak is a way of acknowledging that the many have spoken. There is no damage control, the bill is dead, Rep Weiers issued a statement to that effect... get on with your life....

Just for general info... I checked out BPJ's 2 references he suggested to me for SFW that they've accomplished since their inception in 2005. Yep they accomplished

2 legislative victories.

The only thing of interest I noted immediate was...

On the SB bill 1441, one of the G&F commissioners was W Hayes Gilstrap

On the commission review board, one of the members is W Hayes Gilstrap

Also

On the board of SFW, is W hayes Gilstrap and Suzanne Gilstrap is the paid lobbyist

Another X commissioner that served with Gilstrap is also on the commission review board.

Another X commissioner is on the board of SFW.

They are connected to Weiers obviously.

Yet the commission was kept in the dark as well as the public...

Just something I find interesting...

Kent

• Like 1

How do you htink interest groups buy politicians? They find weak ones and figure out what they need and provide that. Could be contributions, could be premium hunts in Alaska could be a job for their kid to make a living off the backs of regular folks. The game is well defined and we better understand that until SFW, Weiers and the Gilstraps are out of the hunting community we will have trouble.

I'll take it one step further... future commissioners have to go through the SFW controlled review board... Weiers is still on board for this legislation... if a future commission backs it also....

Kent

• Like 1

I'll take it one step further... future commissioners have to go through the SFW controlled review board... Weiers is still on board for this legislation... if a future commission backs it also....

Kent

Hi Kent; You seem to know your way around the internet. You can review where the candidates come from, how they get interviewed and how long they serve. When you say SFW, are you referring to Utah, or the AZSFW?.... No one can control the board... sorry to take that bit of conspiracy away...BPJ

isn't the board controled by votes- so if say 3 out of 5 are members of a certain group - the majority rules right !- it is rather simple -said group would control the board . even i can understand that !

• Like 1

Hi John, you need to distance yourself from these folks, Terry say's you're good folks, he'd say the same about me, I believe him.

I've been courteous and responded to the info you gave me, if you have refuting evidence of my position, be specific.

Kent

• Like 1

Guys..

You have a great commission to kill this... OK I have dug thru all the pages and I can't find it but..

HOW much money would SFW gained if they were able to get this pushed thru? I think it is standard for the group selling the tags to take 10% off the top...

thanks

Jason

isn't the board controled by votes- so if say 3 out of 5 are members of a certain group - the majority rules right !- it is rather simple -said group would control the board . even i can understand that !

There were either only four members total or four present during the first session and it was chaired and approved that 2 votes would advance a candidate to the next round. Obviously there were initial rounds that led to other rounds reducing the number of candidates until the appointees selected were submitted to the Governor.

Kent

• Like 1

Guys..

You have a great commission to kill this... OK I have dug thru all the pages and I can't find it but..

HOW much money would SFW gained if they were able to get this pushed thru? I think it is standard for the group selling the tags to take 10% off the top...

thanks

Jason

The commission can't kill it. They can only say they disapprove. If the law passed, they would have to obey it.

• Like 2