Sign in to follow this  
stalkincoues

What Cell phone provider do you use?

Mu experience is somewhat different from most of the posters. We have had Verizon since we got our first "book phone". I now have a Blackberry and my wife has an iPhone 4s. The guys with whom I hunt elk all have AT&T and they seem to have service wherever we go and I don't have service once I get off the major highways. Both of my daughters in Texas have AT&T (with iPhones) and they have better service here at the house than I do with Verizon (I live in a pretty remote area). My daughters drive out here from where they live south of San Antonio, TX, and almost never have a call dropped. My wife and will have a half-dozen dropped calls between us on the average trip over there. Now that my Blackberry contract is up, I am planning to go with an iPhone and AT&T, now that they have a store up in Silver City.

Wish me luck!

As far as it comes to being able to make calls when you need to or want I have hardly ever had a problem with Verizon. There are some places that it wont work but i have friends wanting to use my phone to call home. i dont have an iphone or a smart phone. you cant beat Verizon....sorry to say and they are growing so they will only get better!

I have had great luck with Verizon up in the sticks. My only complaint would be the pricing, and maybe the coverage in Alaska. Customer service has alway's been great to me. I don't have any problem with a 2 year contract if you get a new phone out of the deal, thats the price you have to pay. If you paid for everything up front, you would have paid that much money anyway.

Actually AT&T made Number 4 on Wall Streets top 10 most hated companies in America. Poor customer service among other issues. The Feds blocked AT&T's merger with T-Mobile which was a good thing for consumers.

OK, you guys have turned me. I am going to try one more round with Verizon and an iPhone 4s.

Similar experience for me with Verizon, good coverage in the sticks, but still some places that are pretty remote I have have had no service.

Curious, has anyone had experience with the Wilson wireless amplifier:

http://shop.outdoorsmans.com/product.sc?productId=252&categoryId=56

Pretty pricey, but may be another option. Reviews seem to be mostly positive.

Verizon isn't cheap but their signal is for sure the best. Plus, my former.employer.gives me a great discount. More than my current.

I do my best to find places with no coverage. Maybe I should switch from Verizon to AT&T?

I heard there is no coverage in unit 30 - New Mexico. I will be there for week in Feb. Let's hope it's true.

I do my best to find places with no coverage. Maybe I should switch from Verizon to AT&T?

I heard there is no coverage in unit 30 - New Mexico. I will be there for week in Feb. Let's hope it's true.

Kinda like those guys on the tv commercial where they search for a place with no coverage before they setup camp.LOL