Sign in to follow this  
vegasjeep

Been super busy for awhile....

It will be mid June before Im back in action...... Ugg

Had to reorganize the house a bit and make it comfortable and safe for me from the dogs...

blocked the left side of the chair with the table and it was a great place to stack food and a fridge with waters....

396119_2801398627673_1039773055_2864084_438594325_n.jpg

378396_2794208407922_1039773055_2860831_723546124_n.jpg

408304_2794206487874_1039773055_2860830_1888954674_n.jpg

Went something like that. surgery was 3 hours long. lots to do once inside. home relaxing and wanting more meds.... and a sweedish bikini team to sponge bath me.

IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0828.jpg

That was last Monday.... I went for my post opp yesterday. Got it all cleaned up and ready for another week of misery on the couch. ......22 weeks or so to go

IMAG0852.jpg

IMAG0853.jpg

IMAG0855.jpg

IMAG0859.jpg

IMAG0860.jpg

ouch that looks like it hurts. I have had 4 knee surgeries and totally feel for ya! take it slow and LISTEN to the therapist....

That sucks! I hope the 22 weeks passes quickly. At least you should be back at it by the time the fall hunts roll around. Good luck.

HOLY CRAP Batman. I sure hope I NEVER get to do that. Good luck with the recovery. They say pain meds and alcohol do not mix but what do they know. also, if one is good two is better. that is what I thought when I got into my wife's valium for some major neck pain relief. woke up 7 hours later. at least you do not need a costume for Halloween next year with that scar.

I quite eating crap and drinking alcohol at the beginning of Dec. I knew it was kind of coming and when the time came this fit in to getting done and still hunting this year. lose my quad season but thats fine. I also might be healed kind of enough to be dropped somewhere for pig hunting.

Ive had a few good injuries in my life and this one takes the cake with pain. the doc said it would be painful and he was not kidding... it is pretty bad. I had quite a few things done...

Ive been following on FB, but what did you do?

you want the docs reasoning or mine? LOL

medical term wise.... a bunch of stuff....

I could give it to you the way the doctor gave it to me.... LOL

Ostechondrosis, ankle instability, peroneal fendonitis, peroneal sublaxation

Procedure: Tibial Osteotomy, oats procedure, ankle stabilization, peroneal sublaxation, repair, and transfer tendons and muscles secure with artificial tissue.

what that was explained to me.... LOL

Going to cut the nuscle and tendons off and around my ankle. THey will reshape and remove the bone at the ankle joint. take bone plugs from my calf to insert in my ankle in key areas, repair the muscle and tendons and used laboratory grown stuff to reattach and help fix the areas. I guess most ankle surgeries to fix are one or two things... not 5-6. I guess it is a major major surgery and very painful. Hopefully I do all right.. LOL

dang that aint no fun! The only word I recognized was sublaxation.... My shoulder has subluxated 100+ times. Its dang painful!

I feel for you. It looks like they missed the mark on the last picture. Hope you get healed up soon and listen to the advise to do what the therapist says.

I feel for you. It looks like they missed the mark on the last picture. Hope you get healed up soon and listen to the advise to do what the therapist says.

LOL. The surgery nurse comes in and maks the correct leg after asking you, then the surg doc comes in and does the same thing. I guess to stopp wrong leg surgeries... LOL